Hi, I'm New Here!

Crusty white spots on forehead

I have had a 3 inch silver pigeon in a 10 gallon isolation tank for over three weeks now. I have succesfully cleared up his hexamita and gill flukes, and he is now eating frozen blood worms and live black worms quite well.

He is also swimming around more normally again.

The only apparent problem he has now are small white crusty areas above both eyes, from about 9:00 to 11:00. These do not joint at the center and are not cavitations but crusty area above his scales.

I am currently treating with a tablet for fungus and bacteria which contains nitrofurazone, furazolidone and potassium dichromate. I have also added some Strees Coat and aquarium salt.

Any ideas as to what this might be and suggestions as to how to treat it. It doesn't seem to be spreading....about the same size as it was a few days ago.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Enjoy the day.........Mike

if you've been feeding blackworms heavily they could be fat deposits, if not just keep up the water quality up and the fish should take care of it itself.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Finally a good poo

He has changed his preference and is now gobbling up frozen blood worms over the live black worms.

Finally - after 27 days in the isolation tank - he is excreting a nice, dark brown feces this morning.

Thanks to all of you.

Mike