0 0%
  • entry #40

0 0%
  • entry #11

0 0%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Wld Red Spotted Green Pr

ENTRY #6

My Wild Caught Breeding Pr of Red Spotted Green Discus. My pide and joy. Iv had them for nearly a year now, and currently they reside in a 2x18x18 bare bottom tank. I will move them shorty back to a larger tank with plants and drift wood. Thats what they where in when they spawned the first time. I just though since they where a confirmed breeing pr, that they would breed anywhere. unfortunately Iv had no luck since moving them. I think they feel a bit more secure with the whole amozon setup. ( Well they are wilds lol

Unfortunately I dont have any photos of the pr spawning or with there fry on this computer I am on atm. If the moderators allow me too I will post furthr pictures of them with there fry.

I feed them on a diet of beef heart, high protien crumble, frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. 1/3 water change every 3 days without fail.

In the first photo you can see the exstent of ocean green the male has on his body. The female is the fish in the back ground. She has alot more red spots on her body. The photo was taken when the tank was raw.

In the second and third photo, the pr are seen with minimal stress bars. The yellowy water is due to Peat Moss exstract. A hatch rate of fry is higher with my fish when I add PE. Wilds seem to like it a bit more too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrsg.jpg  

Medium Discus
    ENTRY #7

Male Red Turq, which was purchased a year ago from Melbourne. He is the biggest male in my 450ltr communtiy tank and he is the leader. He was my first ever discus i have owned and is def my fav.

Vote for this fish and he would like to thank everyone who voted for him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo_comp_1_003.jpg   photo_comp_1_001.jpg   photo_comp_011.jpg  

Just an Egg
    ENTRY #8

My biggest girl in the tank. She the most placid discus ive ever had, she runs the tank but never has to get in a fight. she's about 3years old and by far my favourite.

one of mine

heres 1 of my fish for the comp, here is one of my browns , i have 6 of them but i think this is my fave , it has nice colour with the red and blue , they were breed by one of our advisors , and i think he did a great job hehe love these fish ,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 042_150.jpg   042_150.jpg   007_248.jpg   005_736.jpg  

come on Scott, wheres the description, tell us all what it is

ok lol

ok here is a intermedite melon i have had for a while it a female one of the first fish i got from xtreme, awesome shape she a big egg layer. she has grown in to a great fish , so hope she goes ok hehe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 021_140.jpg   022_151.jpg   003.jpg  

Just an Egg
    wow so hard to pick a winner!

SnakeSkin Discus
    ENTRY #11

the only discus i have left :

SnakeSkin Discus
    oops forgot to add a description :
    it was sold to me as an "Oriental dream" and had the fish for over 2 yrs