Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUICK HELP

Hi, I'm New Here!

QUICK HELP

We have just arrived home to find one of our discus floating around and turning black.. She is still breathing but fingding it hard to keep upright. The other 6 seem ok however when we moved in front of the tank they reacted very scared hitting the walls of the tank.. We have done a 50% water change, put fungus cure in and have taken out all the plants. Please help!!! what do we do????
    2ft... 3ft.... now 4ft we cant stop

Larvae
    Im no expert but give us more information. U really need to test your water, temperature, pH, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite. No point in changing 50% water if you don't know what the cause of one fish floating belly up mate.

why put fungus medication in?

Tam

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Its obvious that our fish have the plague.... Put fungus cure in because the first website said too..
    PH 6.0, Nitrite 0, Ammonia 2.0, Nitrate 10

Hi, like Tam, I'm no expert either. But the ammonia reading 2.0 is likely to be a big part of the issue. Good luck with them. I hope some of the experts here can help you along.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Larvae
    Ammonia should be 0, if you have Prime or something simialar that detoxifies Ammo then use it. Increase oxygen if you have an extra air pump. Seems like your filter isnt cycled properly/ or a Ammonia spike.
    To me you Ph is abit low i would personally keep my ph around 6.5 to 6.8.

my 2cents

Tam

Hi, I'm New Here!
    We've had our tank for over 6months now with all 8 discus and have never had a problem. The ammonia is never that high.. We havent changed anything. The discus that is sich has some spots on her that look like peeling skin??????
    What should we do??? We use cycle everytime we water change!

Medium Discus
    you need to get your ammonia down to 0, that is very crucial, some how you have had a ammonia spike.

Until some of the experts pop in to help you, do you have any amrite down, or similar? If you do, add that to help with the ammonia. I think 6pH is fine for discus, as that's what my main discus tank is too. Many here on this site go even lower.

Fingers crossed for you - sorry, I'm not much help, being a relative beginner at discus myself (around 1 yr only)

Until some of the experts pop in to help you, do you have any amrite down, or similar? If you do, add that to help with the ammonia. I think 6pH is fine for discus, as that's what my main discus tank is too. Many here on this site go even lower.

Fingers crossed for you - sorry, I'm not much help, being a relative beginner at discus myself (around 1 yr only)

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Unfortunately looks like we'll have to wait till morning to get anything... We have put more cycle in the tank and does anyone know anything about MELAFIX.
    Fingers crossed that they will be ok till morning.. Right now i'm a crying mess that wont be able to sleep! Thanks everyone. We'll keep you all posted.