Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Larvae

sick discus.. cloudy eye pics also

Came home and noticed my checkerboard had something wrong with his eyes. He's acting completly normal. Eating, swimming, etc. But theres something wrong with his eyes and a discoloration near the gills.

My water parameters are as follow: PH- 6.2 Alk- 0 Hard - 50 ppm 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 4 nitrate. (did a water change couple of days ago)

I also recently put 2 weather loaches in my "hospital bucket" (no quar. tank) for ICK. But after 2 days they are both cured and I'm debating putting them back in my tank but now I'm worried about it.

hi have you had any ph swings or temp going down in the last few days ? i would just keep and eye on it but i think it will be ok, if it is still doing things normal ,

Larvae
    I woke up today and my fish has gotten worse. The mucus like film is now completly covering his eyes and he looks awful. A few of my other fish seem to be sick also now as my pleco seems to have fin/tail rot as well. I was told to purchase some melafix and start the 7 day treatment asap. Which I did.

Since last night, I've had 1 upside down cory cat die, and my 2 weather loaches died from some mysterious element which I had not seen. I thought it was ick, but whatever the white stuff were, it seemed to be growing it out of them like white strands.

My other discus seem to be fine, and my water change seems to have done nothing. I'm very stressed out about this and hope I was told the right thing to do by starting a melafix treatment. (was also told my elephant noses would be ok from this). Sorry for the long thing, but if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks for all your help.

Larvae
    Also to add in can I mix melafix with pimafix?

melafix is useless for discus and pimafix is a bit mild, treat with an antifungal remedy i like protozin by water;ife, you can use up to a double dose on discus but at thay dose it will kill plecos and loaches.

Larvae
    I don't have a quarenteen tnak, but lets say I put him in a bucket with a heater with water from the tank. Would that be ok? (i dont have an extra air stone)

Larvae
    Oh and since melafix is useless, what can I do for the messed up eyes?

Also, protozin by waterlife is not available in the US..

check ammonia again how long has your tank been running?

Larvae
    I upgraded about 4 months ago but before that my old tank was established for years.
    My ammonia is still at 0.
    He's now near the surface of the water in the corner.. looks unfortanetly do be getting worse rather then better. Any advice on medicines that will clear up his messed up eyes will be greatly appreciated and I will run tommorow to pick it up (assuming he's still alive)

you'll need an airstone for the bucket, igo to an LFS and get any antifungal medication and treat the tank, better to loose your loaches then your discus.