Larvae

- freakbreeder -

just thought id post this on behalf of a mate. (wickedglass, mark has done it again)

My friend has been doing the fish thing for a coupla yeas now and is a freak breeder...two months into his career he had angel babies....three months into his career he had apisto babies.....instant luck!
    so years have past and his angels are still doing the do....
    his apisto tank after some devesatating loses has been a bit redundant of late and has a few bristnoses and two tetras...lots of plants and heaps of runaway duck weed..
    he has been on holidays so has not maintained tank much ..fish fine..
    so what happens...now there is three tetras..
    i thought tetras were hard to breed unless you had the right set up..

remarkable, you can prepare and work hard on your tank working temps and parameters in order to breed and yet on the other side my mate does it by doing nothing! in fact by leting it run down!

Anyone else had any freak occurances that defy all theories??

Larvae
    ps. merrilyn it was nice to meet you the other day!

That's a great story. Still, anyone who can breed gouldian finches the way Mark does, can breed just about anything

Remind him we're still waiting on more pics of his birds

P.S. nice to have met you to. Drop in any time
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Larvae
    well i'll be damned!!!

it finally happened to me! i was looking at my lake tang tank the other night and saw something wriggling on the bottom! damn i thought, the snails have come across from my other tank....on closer inspection they were not snails, worms? i thought....no..these little guys had tiny heads and tails, there was 9 of them from 5mm to 8mm long!!!

my compressiceps had breed...and i was stoked that the little guys had survived long enough in the community tank as they did!!

unfortunately as expected they were not there the next day but it was still pretty good they got to that stage. so now it all about keeping en eye out in case i can separate them next time!!

Larvae
    hey merrilyn

i have been on the forum for a while..and am changing jobs...so thought i would change my email...on my profile..but when i do it it says the email had been banned....

is there someone out there with the same email..or is it a gmail thing?

Blue Diamond Discus
    Gro

When you admin a forum with phpBB, one of the blocking spam options is to ban the DOT locations. Eg.
    hotmail.com
    hotmail.uk
    gmail.com

etc etc.
    I wouldn't think gmail.com would have been banned, however I also wouldn't be surprised if it has been. Gmail is a FREE e-mail account which can be used to SPAM forums.
    The best e-mail account to use is the one provided by your ISP. These accounts have loads more accountability and are commonly required to join and access many places on the net.

GL with getting this fixed up...