Hi, I'm New Here!

anorexic looking discus help !!!

It is Lizzy from CA, USA. I need help! One of my eight discus looks anorexic, has signs of fin rot and is not eating. For the last couples of days I noticed I had a missing discus; well one was hiding. He looks very weak but is still swimming up right breathing seems to be ok. The poor discus fish is bumping into things but not too much. I have also noticed one other discus sometimes pecking at him. In attached photo I noticed 3 tiny holes left of the eye???He is just swimming at the back of the tank between filter intake host and the sponge filter.

I did a 100% last Saturday and did not notice anything unusual. The last couple of mornings I did notice that when I put my hand on the plexi-glass tank side all but one discus were coming to see me. They usually take the first few bites of food from my hand.

Last nights tank pars

Tank size 35-gallon hexagon mostly bare bottom, driftwood and come plants. There have been no new additions or major changes in food.

Last night Dec 7 at 10pm
    Ph 6.0
    Nitrate 0
    Nitrite 0
    Ammonia slightly
    Temp 88
    Filter rena canister, med. Sponge filter
    Mostly bared bottom with driftwood, some plants and glass balls.
    Food frozen bloodworm, tetra color bits
    Tankmates 7 discus, three clown loaches, three tiger barbes, two kuhli loaches, 2 Corys

I did a 50% water change and treated the entire tank with Metronidazole capsules 3 (1 per 10gal) and added aquarium salt 1tsp per 5 gallons. Ph to 6.4 and turned off the lights. I don’t have a sick tank.

Any suggestions, advice or help is appreciated greatly! Thank you Lizzy

Lizzy, sorry nobody else has replied to this...

what is the current situation?

daily partial water changes, maybe keeping the pH closer to 6.8 - 7.0 msay help.

apparantly Seachem have a great new Discus product out Garlic Gaurd, that may be worth trying

details...

http://www.seachem.com/products/prod...rlicGuard.html

GarlicGuard™ is an appetite/flavor enhancer for freshwater and saltwater fish. GarlicGuard™ will help renew the interest of poor or finicky eaters. GarlicGuard™ contains the naturally derived, active ingredient found in garlic, allicin, which has been demonstrated to possess health promoting benefits. Allicin possesses strong anti-oxidant properties (similar to Vitamin C) which promote enhanced health through elimination of dangerous free radicals. For enhanced health benefits, GarlicGuard™ also contains Vitamin C.

San Merah Discus
    Continue treating with metro.... clear sign of Hex (holes in the head).

Keep treating and cross your fingers (Pray). When discus start looking "frail and skinny", ur chances are not good.

Medium Discus
    dont know if tiger barbs make the best tank mates for discus though may cause them to stress out a bit