Hi, I'm New Here!

Discus White layer of film on discus

I think there is a layer of what looks like to be white film or specs that is on my discus. iwas wondering if this is normal or not...i think they might be sick one died today and still havent seen them eat. Ive been feeding dried blood worms and tetracichlid pellets. neither have seemed to work.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    also now it seems one of em is at the top of the tank facing up not looking to well wandering at the top of the tank just looking up.

that fish up the top of the tank proably wont recover.

get any remaining fish into a bare botom tank, get the temp to 30C and the ph down, add salt 2tsp/40L,

you proably have ich, get some white spot medication and begin treatment.

cut out the pellets thry'll just pollute the water, get some live food into your fish, act quick, dont put it off for a day or 2 or else you want have any fish left.

where are you located?

Turquoise Discus
    Zeta,

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer, although it could be a disease called velvet.

I'd suggest posting this in the Emergency room section - with a pic if you can. You're more likely to get a swift & helpful answer there.

If you can, try adding your water specifications to the post - temperature, ammonia reading, pH, nitrates, nitrites, kH, - anything that you can add would be helpful. Don't wait to get all of those answers though, it sounds like it's worth posting now.

It'd be worth putting an airstone in there now if you don't have one already.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Turquoise Discus
    Thanks Illusn, you got in first!

This is the man you want advice from!