Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Glad they're looking better Stulie.

Plague can be pretty nasty. Once they recover, they can't get it again, but leave it for at least 6 months before you introduce any new discus. Your existing fish can still be carriers, even tho they seem fully recovered.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Hi, I'm New Here!
    After all the time and effort trying to pull these two fish through this plague, which we were winning by the way they were almost looking and behaving normally again, Friday night the larger discus jumped clean out of the tank, noticed missing in the morning and found dead on a basket of washing two foot away from the tank. That was sad enough then yesterday the other one did the same, this time we were lucky in that we spotted it and seem to have been able to save it. We have now put lids back on the tank. Seems something must have scared them ????

Oh no ! Stulie that's rotten luck, especially when you were doing so well with them.

Discus do jump, it's a known fact. The reasons can be many and varied, that's why we recommend lids on all discus tanks.

Hope the smaller guy continues to recover.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Oh ok thanks, We don't have lids due to the planted tank, co2 and lighting system.

Just told Hubby, looks like he may just be getting his new discus tank afterall.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Good News we have been able to pull the one discus through both the plague and the jumping out of the tank eppisode. She/he is now healthy, happy and recovered. Thanks to everyone who offered advice and support if not for you all I'm sure we would have lost them all.