Hi, I'm New Here!

Best way to buy discus and where?????

Hi, i'm from brisbane, and don't mind travelling to get them but want to buy discus as realy small babys and raise them, i want about 5-6 so where would be the best place to buy them ? the LFS charges through the roof once they are older (i know this is because they are no longer juvies and are royal reds) but still, if i can pay 20 - 30 dollars a fish i would be happy. the royals as an adult pair are over 400.

anybody know any breeders or importers up here????

Medium Discus
    with only 5 or 6 "really small babys" you will have a prob. raising them but for 30$ ea you should be able to get something not really small
    depends what your after, royals you say as in royal blue? then i must tell you 30$ forget it try A1Aquarium darren has a few fish in good size for a very good price.

Blue Diamond Discus
    German is right... if your looking for Royals/Royal blues which are wilds you can except to pay into the hundreds/half G's per fish.

I think your meaning royal turqsfrom the price of the adult pair discription.

I'd be more than happy to give you some contacts for buying cheap, good quality discus here in Brisbane. What aquariums have you gone to/frequent?
    Send me a PM if your interested