Thread: Discus Punch Up

Hi, I'm New Here!

Discus Punch Up

Hi All,

Haven't posted much on here - that's a good things for me! as it means my discus are going well with no illness to speak of.

I have two cobalt discus - locally bread from what i understand.

When purchased one was slightly bigger than the other and has taken a fairly dominant role in the tank. Over 12 months the big one has grown to be a decent size, however the other dwarfed.

I recently noticed the big boy is getting partcularly agressive to the dwarfed one, mainly when it senses food is close or some time after feeding. I think its starting to stress the dwarfed one out, as its bottom fin has the smallest of splits which doesn't seem to be an issue for now.

I have done a bit of reading on this and i hear two discus is not a good match in a tank and three could relax the big boys dominance. My tank is about 130-140L so im concerned it wont accomodate three. I'm willing to give it a shot if it will put a bit of love back in the tank

Can i get some advice from experts out there?

Thanks

Jarrod

thats not a big taknk at all, adding 1 more will spread the agro, try and add 1 bigger then your bigest to keep the bully inline.

make sure you're cleaning up any uneaten food after each feeding.