Hi, I'm New Here!

Aquarium landscape

Hello, I have a 55 gallon with a blue diamond discus along with multiple gouramis, a 12'' leporad pleco and a blue knight lobster. I was curious as to what the best tank set up would be. I am thinking about purchasing about 50Ibs of texas holey rock and I was wondering if the calcium from these would effect the discus in anyway and if this is the best choice for rock for a discus?
    Thanks

Mate those species dont mix too well at all, any rock that is calcium based is usually derived from limestone, such rocks leach carbonate into the water which increases the ph. not good for a discus tank at all.

Medium Discus
    thats a very strage mix of fish you got there mate
    do i understand right thats only 1 discus?
    thats not good he needs company,get rid of the other fish and get him some friends

Hi, I'm New Here!
    So you recommend I eliminate everything but the discus? What fish would go well with the discus then? Also what type of rock can I use with a discus do you recommend drift wood?
    Thanks

Discus are a schooling fish so you need a group, 4-5 would look good in your tank, +20 cardinals or rummy nose tetras, 6 corys, 4 bristlenoses maybe a pair of rams and you'd be all set.

as far as rocks, ignious volcanic rock is best to use. I prefer drift wood, my plecos love it, it softens the water and give the black water look which really bringsout the colors in fish.