Thread: White worms????

Just an Egg

White worms????

I recently moved my 8 discus to a 150l quarinitine tank that I have so that I could do some major cleaning up in my display tank. They were in the spare tank for about 2 weeks....

What I noticed is small little white worms floating arround in the water. Im not too sure where they came from, and what kind of worms they are. They just float arround in the water, and with time get more and more.

2 days ago I moved all my fish back to the display tank as it was all ready, and now again i can see small little worms floating arround, which means it's only a matter of time before they multiply. Is there any ideas of what these wroms are? My fish have worms and they are passing them on??? With what medication can I get rid of them???!!!

All your help is greatly appreciated.
    13cm Pigeon Pearl
    6cm Pigeon blood snake
    5cm Brilliant turquois
    4cm Blue diamond
    18 Cardinals

Just an Egg
    Thanks for the reply illusn, read the post and almost sure its what I have... Only difference is that I had no ammonia spike, and the tank is bare bottom...

Im running a established eheim 2026 (good for 350l tank) on a 150l tank.... I did add 8 discus during the display tank clean up so that might have caused a slight inbalance to my filter... lets hope I get ridd of them... u have any ideas appart from what is on the post by samir???
    13cm Pigeon Pearl
    6cm Pigeon blood snake
    5cm Brilliant turquois
    4cm Blue diamond
    18 Cardinals

i get them in all my tanks but only ever 1 or 2, they come in the tap water, they are nothing to worry about, in small numbers they actually help keep the tank clean by eating the microscopic pices of left over food.