Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Turquoise Discus
    See, this is why I leave the thinking to you. That & I'm so busted. No, I haven't cleaned it. I thought about it. Then I thought I could buy a second Eheim & I'd only have to think about it half as often.

I don't know how we're going to go about getting the top filter off, 'cos it doesn't drain when it's turned off & it's awful heavy with the water in. I think it might break if we try to lift it. But we could slide that half over to the edge maybe? We can try to work it out on Sunday.

Thanks for the answer - I'm getting a little preoccupied with thinking this through, and a little anxious - I very much appreciate your help!

SnakeSkin Discus
    hmmm it's a long time between filter cleans then lol i personally like to have a cannister at each end of the tank on large tanks, not only for good filtration but the good thing about running 2 cannisters is u can clean one and u still have the other with a good lot of bacteria in it while the other gets going properly again. then clean the other a cpl of weeks later. + u would have the added bonus of being able to get rid of the noisy trickle system.
    i really think u need to clean ur filter a bit more often than u do though u naughty girl

Turquoise Discus
    And you're planning to do what to me?

I know you're right (hanging head in shame), but one thing at a time. Substrate first. Then you can come & help set up the new filter. Right?

SnakeSkin Discus
    And you're planning to do what to me?

lol one thing at a time after u have ur second filter and got rid of the trickle filter "which is depleting a lot of ur Co2
    another thing i would recommend getting is an external Co2 reactor for ur Co2 setup and a good eheim pump to run it
    i thoroughly recommend the Dupla external reactor approx $200 and a Eheim Universal Pump 1250 to run it. approx $160. will talk to u about this when i get there though.

Just an Egg
    Hey fishr, When are you coming to Renmark to help me put in new substrate and set up co2 system??

SnakeSkin Discus
    haha, might be up there in the near future as my work has a branch up there and i'm supposed to be going up for a look soon :P

Turquoise Discus
    Ha!

He comes with a personal recommendation. Does all the planning, thinking, directing & 95% of the work, then gives you all the credit & says he helped. Oh, and brings his own equipment as well. Good luck getting him to help out!

Just an Egg
    If you are ever around, I can provide dinner and a look at my amateur single fish aquarium.

SnakeSkin Discus
    i think ur selling urself a bit short DE lol, i did less than 95% of the work hows it all going btw ? where's the pics ?

will keep that in mind Riverland

Turquoise Discus
    Pics are in the photo section, and I think I've made my point.

Hehehe