Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thank you johnieee. i love it very much myself. he is quite a bully tho i guess because he is so big.

Larvae
    You gotta love those browns!!
    You can't leave footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?

I picked up this guy a couple of weeks ago! Eats like crazy and acts like the king!

What is a good tank bred brown? (update pictures)

This Brown i have often changes body color. Sometimes it is quite dark brown, sometimes it has more yellow color. In the past few weeks it paired up with a GLSS and have spawn a few times. Interestingly, it's color has gone so red too in the past few weeks. Slight change in diet i have added tiger prawns and tuna recently. Discus tends to darken body color during spawning but is it normal to go more red for a brown discus? Anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red_brown.jpg  

one more picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red_brown_ii.jpg  

its a great looking fish ivo , good shape .if you ever want to get rid of it let me know , hehe

thanks scott but i dont think so. it took me several months and several price rises to convince the owner to sell to me. i love it. what you think about its color has gone so red during mating times from your experience? i know red discus can change a lot redder when spawning but this is supposed to be a brown but around it's dorsal and annal fins have gone crazily red (which i don't min by the way)

guys i find that when feeding colour enhancers ( even plain old tetra bit ) that the anal / dorsal find tend to go blood red first.

Ivo you feeding him a colouring agent? This could explain the colouring..

If it keeps going red id call him a san merah hehe ( check out my photo album , looks like i had its twin )
    http://www.discusforums.com/forum/al...php?pic_id=908

awsum fish Ivo you did well ...

just the sera discus red colour pellets. it has been eating these pellets as part of their diet for a few months but it's only last few weeks it switched to red. the red around anal and dorsal used to be black, or the black will disappear for some days then come back. now it is replaced by red color. i do have some of those natural color enhancer powder but haven't used it yet since i will have to make 1kg food myself, and it is impossible to buy fresh beefheart from butcher. i ordered at several butchers but they never arrive. i guess not many people actually buy beefheart to eat.

Blue Diamond Discus
    What a gorgeous fish mate. Brilliant shape and colouring.....