Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My new guys........

It's been a while since I kept Discus, but I couldn't resist once I upgraded to a 72 gallon bow front. Had these 3" guys for about two weeks, they aren't eating much, but they are eating. The angels in the tank are vigorous eaters. I'm keeping my eye on them. I'm thinking about getting some real plants again as well.......for now they are all fake.

Just an Egg
    You should definitely get rid of those plastic plants and add some real ones.

I don´t know if it was a good ideia to put Discus with Angel fish but I hope that works out as you want.

And good luck !

The wife likes the angels (although now she's saying she likes the discus more) so the angels should be out soon. And I grabbed two real plants yesterday........a sword and some grass type stuff. It's a work in progress for sure.

Just an Egg
    Ok, let them grow now and keep us posted

Have you bought a White Diamond ?

They are starting to loose the shyness and come out and eat. Hoping I can get the skinny guys to grow out some. Oh and I took out a bunch of plastic plants and added some live. Slowly but surely....

Wrigglers
    I've noticed that you have some other fish in the tank. Whats your temp like?

Keep up the root ferts to those swords, or grow them in pots, they wont do too well in plain gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by JamezMan
    I've noticed that you have some other fish in the tank. Whats your temp like?
    82 degrees, PH is 7, everything else is running fine.

Illusn, any suggestions on the best ferts?

in gravel of that size, your going to struggle, the best would be clay based as when they decompose they leave behind clay that will fill all the gaps between your gravel.

seroiusly, find yourself a small pot and plant them ion that with some real substrate.

It's gone through lots of changes since I last visited! Changed to Sand/Flourite and got rid of all plastic plants.........added a nice brown discus and took out the angels (they were to aggresive)