Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    San Merah Discus
    No Robyn it doesnt stain the silicone

Thanks, Wayne (or is it Bec???).

Do you know anything about my Prime / aged water question If the dechlorinators stop the PP, then I guess you can't use water that has been aged, but has had Prime added to it You must use RO

Anyway, I was about to try this on my heckel. I think the stress of my C02 issue a little while back has brought something on - if not, for whatever reason, he has stopped eating.

Decided to have a last look around for advice on PP before I went ahead & stumbled on a article that has me a little unsure. Still drawn towards the treatment, especially since DIY had such great results with his fry.

Anyway, here's the article. I found it on Discus Page Holland. Should I worry about what's said Have any of you had discus that were effected in this way http://article.discusnews.com/cat-02/pp.shtml
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Larvae
    How many times should you repeat this treatment of 4 hrs / overnight? can they be done back to back?

best done a week apart, it only kills live flukes not eggs so you need to give time for the eggs to hatch.

Larvae
    thanks, i will be trying this shortly as one of my fish is still eating; but i never see poo, fins are clamped, and he likes to stay in a corner.

Just a quick reply never use formalin base products with condy crystals.As it makes a gas bomb which can make you very sick even can be fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by TW
    Do you know anything about my Prime / aged water question If the dechlorinators stop the PP, then I guess you can't use water that has been aged, but has had Prime added to it You must use RO
    You are correct, best to use RO or demineralised water from the supermarket to make your stock solution.

If you mean in the tank... see the NOTE below.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyam
    How many times should you repeat this treatment of 4 hrs / overnight? can they be done back to back?
    Once is plenty (pink colour in the white cup for full 4hrs) for knocking back bacteria and parasite numbers, which will perk a fish up. After this their immune systems are usually strong enough to keep them from getting sick again.

Note: You may need to repeat this procedure daily a few times in order for the water to stay pink that long. Excess dechlorinator or high bioloads will "use up" the PP very quickly. It's only effective when it's pink.

Larvae
    Thanks Oz now i just need to get my hands on some!

Just an Egg
    Quote: Andrew Soh recomends repeating five times every 4 days to break the cycle. I have done less to keep fluke numbers under control or clean breeders.

Hey
    Does he mean treat 5 times in 4 days OR Treat 5 times altogether with a 4 day break in between?

Also, if i were to medicate parents but i don't want to contaminate the breeding tank. Would medicating them in a small tank be ok?

Cheers[/quote]

do 5 treatments 4 days apart