Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Larvae
    Do the classics come with media aswell? If not how much is needed for a 2213/2215/2217?

classis all ship with media.

Wrigglers
    Ok. So why do they say they are suitable for a certain tank yet they aren't?

Thanks.

why is a car manufactures fuel economy always better then what everyone else gets when they actually drive the thing?

in an ideal balanced tank with a low fish load, with fish that dont mind "ok"ish water a 2217 will be fine for 600L. In the real world of real fish (discus etc) you want the best possible water quality.

If your going to have a tank with a few thousand dollars worth of fish an extra $100 is a small price to pay for pice of mind. eheims are still the best canisters by far, but for real fish divide the max capacity by 3, or half it if your willing to put in the hard work.

eg i have a 6x2x2 650L densly planted discus tank filtered by a eheim 2080 + a pentair aquatics FB900 and a 36w UV. if you believe the manufacturers thats enough filtration for 4200L!!!!

if you ask a discus keeper, they'd say "your ******* kidding".

just my thought mate, feel free to make up your own mind.

Wrigglers
    Thanks for the thoughts, I'll have a think about it. I'm thinking an eheim 2215 most likely. I can't go much bigger because the unit can't be above a certain height because it has to fit in my cabinet.

2217 is only 3cm taller then 2215, either way you'll have a great filter that will be problem free for years to come (i use some 18+ year old eheims I go off dad, these things never die).

Wrigglers
    If I had a bigger cabinet, I would get a bigger filter, but it's going to be difficult to get in as things are. How far above the actual cannister do the tubes go?

Thanks.

depending how creative you are with the positioning of your double taps, you can get the hose no higher then 3cm above the canister head.
    in such a setup the taps would be on the return pipe somewhere between the head and the spray bar.

Wrigglers
    It's going to be a real struggle unfortunately. The filter height is 370mm and the hose will be a minimum of 30mm above the filter equally 400mm in total. The inside of my cabinet has a height of 390mm or so. I may have to go another filter.

Oh well bad luck go the 2213, or if the budget will strech the 2224 or the 2226 (2226 has a little more media then the 2215 is 1 cm shorter and the hose can be fed streight out of the top).

keep your filtration limitations in mind when your stocking your tank.