Wrigglers

heckel still not eating

hi all...i've had my heckels for about 6 weeks now. one is powering ahead, eating evrything and colouring up nicely. the bigger one will still only take live food and nothing else, which i'm giving him every couple of days to keep him going. he seems fine, not looking sick at all except for the fact that he stays darker.he's also a very timid fish, has been since i got him.he was constantly getting bullied by another fish but i moved the bully and its no longer a problem.would he be better off in his own tank for a while, or do i just persevere?

water paramaters are all fine, ph about 6.5

I'd just persevere with it, try introducing beefheart with the live food (blackworms and beefheart work well). just remember once you get him onto non live foods you'll have to worm and do paracite treatments after.

Wrigglers
    thanks for that...he does have an occasional go at the beefheart. its his colouring that concerns me tho.like i said, he doesn't seem sick, but mostly dark all the time...dunno if its because he's timid, as sometimes he lightens up.

drop the ph down to around 5. you have to take action as soon as the bullying starts. if you're having a problem with them keep the ph very low.
    as far as I'm concerned wild heckels will eat anything within a couple of days. discus don't eat when there is a water problem or they have parasites.