Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Medium Discus
    Thanks Rob! Nice to see you! :P

The growth with the plants and fish are going pretty well now...finally! Im still learning stuff with the plants, and Im getting harder to keep plants, but things are going well now. Only have some BBA for the most part on my AR Reneckii(sp?)

I will be making changes tomorrow during my water change, and hopefully things will really be taking off afterwards. I still owe you a pearling pic! :P I could get some now, but its kinda cheapy, cause the only stuff that really pearls is right next to my diffuser, but hopefully next week things will be different

I like the oceans "tail"! Its nice that for the most part all four of my discus are different, and unique in their own way!

Yes, my UV is second hand, and I plan on replacing the bulb/globe before it ever gets hooked up...if that happens! haha! Thanks for the tip about the hardware store...I may it to my LFS and to a hardware store this weekend, and see what I can do

Thanks again
    Eric
    46Gal(174L) Acrylic BF Tank, 3" Eco-Complete, Rena Filstar xP3 Cannister Filter, Pressurized CO2 System at ~4 bps w/DiY PVC reactor (On when lights are on), airstone on at night, Lunar blue LEDs, 1x96w 6700K/10000K Dual Daylight CF (10hrs/day), 1xSilver Pigeon Blood Discus, 1xSuper Red Scorpion Discus, 1xYellow Red Ribbon Discus, 1xOcean Green, 11xCardinals, 1xOtto, 1xQueen Arabesque, 1xClown Pleco, 1xEmerald Green Cory Cat, Temp 83F, kH=2, gH=4, 1x50% WC every saturday with R/O water

Erk thanks you a lot for your help!!

Medium Discus
    Couple updates! I had a very busy weekend! Made lots of "good" changes, and really tried to attack that algae

Heres the overall shot

So far so good!!

Rotala Mac

Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Cuba'

Ammannia G

Im still working on things, and I think I may make a change in lighting

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated

Thanks very much as always!
    Eric
    46Gal(174L) Acrylic BF Tank, 3" Eco-Complete, Rena Filstar xP3 Cannister Filter, Pressurized CO2 System at ~4 bps w/DiY PVC reactor (On when lights are on), airstone on at night, Lunar blue LEDs, 1x96w 6700K/10000K Dual Daylight CF (10hrs/day), 1xSilver Pigeon Blood Discus, 1xSuper Red Scorpion Discus, 1xYellow Red Ribbon Discus, 1xOcean Green, 11xCardinals, 1xOtto, 1xQueen Arabesque, 1xClown Pleco, 1xEmerald Green Cory Cat, Temp 83F, kH=2, gH=4, 1x50% WC every saturday with R/O water

Medium Discus
    Damn....sorry about the same pic twice

here is the other one I wanted to post

Limnophilia aromatica

Thanks

SnakeSkin Discus
    very nice Eric.
    it's pearling, it's pearling !!! lol
    very nice riccia growth and some nice looking plants...

Medium Discus
    Thanks Rob! Yes finally I got things to pearl a lil bit! :P

I hope the plants will color up a bit more, but we will see...I may get some T5s and do a DiY lighting fixture with some help from one of my buddies

I will keep you posted

Thanks again

nice work Erk!
    looking back at how your fish started, you've done so well, tank and fish look fantastic!
    keep the photos comming.

Limnophilia aromatica is a great looking plant!

Medium Discus
    Thanks very much ILLUSN! It has been a bit of a rollercoaster! Im glad to see things these days

I think the L aromatica is my fav. plant!!

Here are two more shots of it

And I tried to get a more close up shot of the riccia....the pearling is so tiny!

Im working on some different lighting....but I will def. keep the photos coming

Thanks again!

Medium Discus
    Couple new shots, using my buds nice camera again

Here are some overall shots of the tank

My glosso...finally starting to "lay" down

My riccia project....needs a trim!! lol

My favorite plant

Now a pearling shot for Rob!

Im working on new lighting....tank looks dark in some areas

Thanks!

NICE WORK ERK!!!!!!!!

Very jealous, all the plants look amazing!, especially the ricca!

glosso still needs more light though

Medium Discus
    Thanks very much ILLUSN!!

My riccia will be getting a haircut on saturday when I do my next water change....it def. does grow in quick now a days!!

I think its going to be about 2 weeks out or so until I get around to new lighting I agree...the glosso will look really good then! Im just glad to see it laying down for the most part now

Thanks again!! Im really happy to see things going the way they are