Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Medium Discus
    Thanks ILLUSN

I think your male might still be a bit youg to get the job done right, still mate well done, your tank and fish look great, i still love that ocean green, told you it would grow into a nice fish.
    Yeah I agree...he does seem too young, and my big pigeon seems to like the ocean just like the rest of us! hahaha

You def. called it tho...the ocean is a very nice looking fish! I only hope now that the turk is a female, and that she puts some weight on

Thanks again! Should I just go about my business of doing my water change and planting all these plants that are coming today then? I also was thinking of fitting my new inline heater today

Thanks
    46Gal(174L) Acrylic BF Tank, 3" Eco-Complete, Rena Filstar xP3 Cannister Filter, Pressurized CO2 System at ~4 bps w/DiY PVC reactor (On when lights are on), airstone on at night, Lunar blue LEDs, 1x96w 6700K/10000K Dual Daylight CF (10hrs/day), 1xSilver Pigeon Blood Discus, 1xSuper Red Scorpion Discus, 1xYellow Red Ribbon Discus, 1xOcean Green, 11xCardinals, 1xOtto, 1xQueen Arabesque, 1xClown Pleco, 1xEmerald Green Cory Cat, Temp 83F, kH=2, gH=4, 1x50% WC every saturday with R/O water

Erk thanks you a lot for your help!!

just do what you have to i think it will take your new pair a good 5 or 6 more spawns and at least 2-3 months before you get wrigglers (in decent numbers).

till then you dont have to worry about disturbing them.

Larvae

sweet

Eric,
    love the tank looks great,and your fish look very happy !

cheers

Medium Discus
    Thanks ILLUSN

just do what you have to i think it will take your new pair a good 5 or 6 more spawns and at least 2-3 months before you get wrigglers (in decent numbers).

till then you dont have to worry about disturbing them.
    They didnt seem to have a problem with me in there last night, so thats cool! I switched out light bulbs...I now have a 6700K/10000K dual daylight bulb on from 1-10pm and a second 10000K only bulb comes on from 4-7pm, then back to the dual daylight for the remainder of the photoperiod

Looks really good! IMO! Do you think it would be ok to tackle the installation of the inline heater this weekend, with the discus doing what they are doing based on what you say, and with them not being ready to get things going for real?

Thanks darren burgess

Eric,
    love the tank looks great,and your fish look very happy !

cheers
    That means a lot to me! Im glad they are coming around and letting me know they are happy! Its been a lil bit of a rough road for me! I think i have a good setup going now

Pics to follow in one minute! lol

Thanks again everyone
    46Gal(174L) Acrylic BF Tank, 3" Eco-Complete, Rena Filstar xP3 Cannister Filter, Pressurized CO2 System at ~4 bps w/DiY PVC reactor (On when lights are on), airstone on at night, Lunar blue LEDs, 1x96w 6700K/10000K Dual Daylight CF (10hrs/day), 1xSilver Pigeon Blood Discus, 1xSuper Red Scorpion Discus, 1xYellow Red Ribbon Discus, 1xOcean Green, 11xCardinals, 1xOtto, 1xQueen Arabesque, 1xClown Pleco, 1xEmerald Green Cory Cat, Temp 83F, kH=2, gH=4, 1x50% WC every saturday with R/O water

yeah mate get it all done now before they get too finiky, time to let your wife know you need a breeding tank! hope she takes it better then mine did.

Medium Discus
    Cool! Thanks ILLUSN! I will do that this weekend

I doubt she is going to take it very well ATM....we are quickly running of room for any baby stuff! lol! Im still hoping the turk is a female, cause I think the ocean is a male...his tube looks like the small pigeons tube, and the big lady used to hang out and hide with the turk all the time in the past I will prolly have a bunch of black peppered pigeons if I was to try to raise some pigeons...just the way my luck is...they would be fat, but prolly pretty peppered up! hahaha

Thanks again! Im uploading the pics to photobucket now

dont worry too much about it. peppering isn't all bad all REAL pigions are peppered, just tell that to anyone who puts them down.

Medium Discus
    New plants yesterday...so new pics again!

Hope you like!

Sunset Hygro

Dunno what that "shiny" plant is behind the big pigeon??

Rotala Vietnam & Eriocaulon setaceum

Tonina Belem & Alternanthera reineckii Rosaefolia behind the rotala indica

Any suggestions are appreciated! Does anyone think I will have a problem with my tonina? It "waves in the wind" pretty good in that spot

Thanks!

Medium Discus
    Thanks for the tip ILLUSN!

I will remember the tip about them being peppered if anyone every says anything....although my trials at breeding will prolly be a good ways off yet anyways

I do think I will try my hand at it one day....sounds like a lot of work, but sounds like it would be so fun to try to raise some babies!

Thanks again!

Medium Discus
    Just snapped a couple pics last night, while BOTH lights were on

When I changed up my timers for the lights the other night, I forgot to change the co2 timer....so the co2 comes on 2 hours before lights, and off an hour before lights off

Thanks