Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to Discus

Hi, I'm New Here!
    can i feed hikari sinking type fish pellets...and i still want to add those leaves as i think my tap water is hard i have tested it.
    Thanks
    Rafaqat

San Merah Discus
    Hikari food is good..

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thank a 100000000 times kev u r helping a lot is pellet food good for discus?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    i tried feeding them pellets butthey are not eating those as they sink too fast....i m feeding them Today's Freeze Dried Blood Worms....i hope this food dosent have any thing bad.

Freeze dried Blood worms are ok...

basically anything that has been frozen, etc (whether still frozen or not) has had all micro-organisms and parasites killed due to the temperatures used, so you will be fine...

You will find with the pellets, they will eat them off the bottom of the tank, and as time goes by they will realise that it is actually food dropping down and I gaurantee it wont hit the bottom after then...

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks fopr your reply so should i continue feeding them Pellets..i can plan one time worms and one time pellets?
    Thanks
    Rafaqat

Variety is your best friend...

I have about 3-4 types of pellets, granules, some premium flake, and 2-3 types of frozen food including Bloodworms & Beefheart...

I try and give them something different or at least a different combination every day... and they love it!!!