Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gill flukes

just to stress what Kev stated... a UVC is extra insurance... less chance of anything spreading, if a disease is introduced or sustained...

the more I read up on them, the sooner I am going to get one...

I used some fluke tabs the other day and they killed one of my bn's, so i did a 75% water change and tried some aqua-serene multicure. Will this also effect the bn's, i also have cory's in there and they seem to be trying to avoid the medication, as its green and you can see it. Any advice people.

San Merah Discus
    Oh dear.... see why I like the idea of a Discus species tank and bare bottoms? Makes it whole lot easier to treat sick discus. Bristlenose and fluke meds are a NO-NO. The Trichlorofon meds are the worst with any catfish and scaleless fish.

How are ur OTHER discus reacting to your 'melbourne water'? If you suspect it's something in the water, some activated carbon would be in order.

kev

yeah wish i did have a barebottom now! ah well the multicure looks like its working, look id rather lose a $3 bristlenose then a $50 discus. Although id rather loose neither but live and learn.
    The multicure has the following ingredients.
    methylene blue
    malachite green
    acriflavine.

Hopefully this works, otherwise i will strip the tank and make it a barebottom

Scott, are these the new additions, or the original Discus you had out of curiousity???

the 3 i got off kev where the first discus that are actually mine, i had a mate staying with me that had a 6ft tank with out 8-9 but when he left they left. Then i got my first 3 off kev.

ok...

how are they looking now???

look fabulous not a thing with the look of them its the behavour, they WERE acting like they were itchy, swiming against each other, plants or anything else the could find.

I am sure if you follow through with whatever Kev suggests you have nothing to be concerned about...

you know my problem, i panic over the slightest thing and then probably do more damage to the fish then what the problem they had was doing. I go buy this tabs, wasn;t even sure if thats what they had and then lost a bristlenose. I ve got this theory drilled in my head that the slightest thing will kill these guys and in fact that thing thats going to kill them is my over reaction. Well live and learn...

Scott