Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heckels

Heckels

its been two days now and they are eating frozen bloodworm and a little bit of beefheart mix. Hopefully within the week they should start eating normally. they are now coming up to the front and begging for food, but still wont let me touch them notice how skinny they are in the last picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01_142.jpg   02_207.jpg   03_117.jpg  

skinny ???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 04_209.jpg  

they look good mate good they are eating nice good work mate .

SnakeSkin Discus
    nice looking heckles Samir, keep us updated with pics when u fatten them up and they settle properly

thanks guys, will keep posting updates (if they live). wouldn't recommend getting them at this size and condition, to anyone. Quality is not too hot either. Hopefully they'll grown out fine.
    can anyone shed some light on how dominant the vertical stripes are ?? say X blue diamond or X rsg .

you will sell me very good looking heckels! (doing jedi hand movements at samirs avatar)

great looking fish mate! love the body color att the way to the tail!

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    love the body color att the way to the tail!
    didn't want the stripes, would have preferred something like fish_r's heckels, its only the bar that I need.

Hi Samir,

Cool heckles mate, best of luck with conditioning them back to good health ... if they are starting to eat I think you should be fine with them.

In regards to breeding them with other strains, from all accounts of what I have read in the past ... the heckle bar tends to fade/disapate with each generation ... again that's only what I have read in the past. I'm also led to believe that breeding heckle to heckle is hard and is best to keep them at a low PH with super soft water if that's your intention with them.

I'm sure you would get some pretty nice spawns if you cross breed them, I guess it would just come down to how many fry in each spawn would carry a nice strong heckle bar. Good luck and keep us posted on how they condition up !

Cheers,

Dee.
    Tank Bitch

Medium Discus
    the stripes are very dominant,when you bred intermediate heckels with say RT's you will still have the bar i think schmidt-focke tryed to breed them out.... without succses,the colours the F3 F4 show are stunning but this big black bar in the middle was a bit odd.IMO heckel schouldnt be mixed with other colour strains,but thats just my opinion.

Medium Discus
    nice fish by the way