Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new fish

Medium Discus

My new fish

Well it's been about 2mths maybe longer since i lost my 2 angels so i figured i've waited long enough.
    I went and payed Ben a visit the other day and this is what i walked out with.

You only live once but if you do it right once is all you need.

Oscar

Ossie! he/she has settled in very well!

Dont get stung!

Medium Discus
    It took about 7 days for him to settle in but now that he has he's moving around the tank and much happier.

Oscar

Hi Oscar,

Very nice fish mate .... nice score !

I'm not game to keep anything like that mate ... Knowing me I'd vague out when I have me hands in the tank and end up in intensive care :P

Cheers,

Dee.

San Merah Discus
    Do those guys come after you or only when they feel threatened?

Medium Discus
    I'm not game to keep anything like that mate ... Knowing me I'd vague out when I have me hands in the tank and end up in intensive care
    Thanks Dee, I'm the same as you so it's only a matter of time before I accidentally touch a spine and see how much pain those stings really are.

Do those guys come after you or only when they feel threatened?
    From what I can see they are very peaceful and will move away from you. The biggest problem I believe is when they get used to you they might come up out of curiosity or for food.
    I don't believe they'll attack so any sting will be accidental. As i've been told just know where the fish is and if your hands have to be in the tank for an extended period gently move him away with a net or something if needed .

Oscar

ozzie also keeps a rattle snake in his jocks

well what i hear anyway

Medium Discus
    ozzie also keeps a rattle snake in his jocks

well what i hear anyway
    Who have you been talking to Nick?

Oscar

Just an Egg
    The sting from a lionfish isn't as bad as most think. It also depends on the fish and its maturity. For the most part it can range from a greenant bite to something like a bee sting. The area will go numb and feel quite sore for at least an hour.

If you do get stung run the wound under hot water for as long as you can stand it, it helps with the poison.

If you've ever been stung by a bee and had a bad reaction to it you should be extra careful. Some people can suffer an extreme reaction and suffer anaphylactic shock, where your throat swells up and stops you breathing.

If you're REALLY worried about this happening, you should look into keeping an epi-pen handy.

Medium Discus
    If you've ever been stung by a bee and had a bad reaction to it you should be extra careful. Some people can suffer an extreme reaction and suffer anaphylactic shock, where your throat swells up and stops you breathing.

If you're REALLY worried about this happening, you should look into keeping an epi-pen handy.
    Thanks Palpatine, that's very interesting. My son has a cashew allergy so we have an epi-pen handy and it's good knowing it can also be used on me if needed.

Oscar