Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vent

Turquoise Discus
    Ooh, ooh, my turn - this was a great idea, well done!

Cyclists.

Specifically professional cyclists that choose to train on one lane, winding, no overtaking, public roads marked at at least 80k speed limits, at peak hour (when I'm running late to work). With their lycra covered bony butts in my windscreen, going at less than 25k/hr and not peddling. Oh, and in groups of 8 or more, at least 4 abreast!

Don't get me wrong, people using bikes to get from point A to point B, I have no problem with. I applaud your ecological sensibilities.

But if this is about training for your professional sport, find somewhere else to do it! A 2 lane road, or somewhere with a bicycle lane perhaps!

Ohhhhhhhh yes cyclists.

Despite the fact that I just love the way they look in those cute little suits, (did you know they don't wear anything under those suits) I wish they wouldn't hog the roads.

And I wish they would ride single file, not three abreast.

That brings me to motor bike riders on the freeway.

How come they are allowed to go lane hopping without indicating?

And who said they are allowed to slip in between two cars travelling at 100 K on the freeway, just cos there is a lot of traffic on the road, and they want to pass everyone.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

San Merah Discus
    Ooooo I have a good one!!

When you call anywhere these days and get the severly annoying phone voice thats says, "In a few words, please tell me the reason for yor call"

You proceed with no patience whatsoever, and it replies with something totally different than what you want, and after several attempts, and 5 long frustrating minutes later, it decides you need a operator!

Could an operator not just ANSWER THE PHONE???

Grrrr, hate hate hate it

people who question your integrity

get a life =]
    DF.com Resident Cool Guy

SnakeSkin Discus
    two words : INDIAN TELEMARKETERS !!!

Turquoise Discus
    Sorry fish_r, have to disagree with you on that one. They can be fun. and they don't have to take much time to brighten your day. I find phrases like:

You rang me? Do you want to be my friend? My best friend? OK, give me your name. Your number. Your address. Want to have a slumber party? I'll be over sooooon......

Money? Really? I could do with some money, I just had to go bankrupt.

What's your accent? You sound nice. What are you wearing? Do you have a boyfriend?

All very effective. And quick. They don't call back either.

hehe thats good deb just says can you hold on for a min and puts the phone down going back in about 20 mins to see if there still there and some times they are so she just puts the phone down again and repeats it over and over till they hang up hehe funny girl

i hate when i go and quote a job then go back to do it and the people say can you just do this or that and dont expect to pay any extra for it , there are some types of people that do it all the time not to say any name or race hehe but i think we all know who they are I HATE THAT

Quote Originally Posted by scott bowler
    there are some types of people that do it all the time not to say any name or race hehe but i think we all know who they are
    If Indians are not at the top of that list, I'll be very disappointed.
    With the telemarketers I just tell them that I'm busy atm but I finish work at 3am and if they give me their home number I will call them back then to discuss it.

I hate when you run out of beer and all the bottle shops are closed and you gotta drive like 2hrs to some random out of the way bottle shop and you have to pay MASSIVE amounts of cash and they treat you like crap.

They should make a 24/7 Dan Murphys. I liek that place they sell cheap beer.

I also hate when you needa break "the seal". Then after you break it you needa piss every 5 minutes.

Also, what every man has a gripe about: Women.

I'll just leave it at that and let every man grumble away