Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Medium Discus

Help finding riccia?

I have been trying to find some riccia for my tank, I would like to put it on the driftwood, and on the substrate for a carpet affect, however, I just cant seem to find it anywhere....can anyone recommend somewhere in the states for me to try?? I would really appreciate it

Thanks!
    46Gal(174L) Acrylic BF Tank, 3" Eco-Complete, Rena Filstar xP3 Cannister Filter, Pressurized CO2 System at ~4 bps w/DiY PVC reactor (On when lights are on), airstone on at night, Lunar blue LEDs, 1x96w 6700K/10000K Dual Daylight CF (10hrs/day), 1xSilver Pigeon Blood Discus, 1xSuper Red Scorpion Discus, 1xYellow Red Ribbon Discus, 1xOcean Green, 11xCardinals, 1xOtto, 1xQueen Arabesque, 1xClown Pleco, 1xEmerald Green Cory Cat, Temp 83F, kH=2, gH=4, 1x50% WC every saturday with R/O water

Erk thanks you a lot for your help!!

Wrigglers
    This is where mine is coming from...
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/elleniaea
    comes on a piece of glass. so I'll see how I go...

HTH

Medium Discus
    Cool Thanks ellwa....I will check out that site too, and see if it seems like they may ship my way....good luck, I hope it works out for you!
    46Gal(174L) Acrylic BF Tank, 3" Eco-Complete, Rena Filstar xP3 Cannister Filter, Pressurized CO2 System at ~4 bps w/DiY PVC reactor (On when lights are on), airstone on at night, Lunar blue LEDs, 1x96w 6700K/10000K Dual Daylight CF (10hrs/day), 1xSilver Pigeon Blood Discus, 1xSuper Red Scorpion Discus, 1xYellow Red Ribbon Discus, 1xOcean Green, 11xCardinals, 1xOtto, 1xQueen Arabesque, 1xClown Pleco, 1xEmerald Green Cory Cat, Temp 83F, kH=2, gH=4, 1x50% WC every saturday with R/O water

Medium Discus
    Found some riccia a lil while, from a site that ships to me

Should be arriving today, so I went out yesterday to get some grids, to try to use to make the riccia be a "ground cover"

Got the idea from some website as I was searching for a place that would ship to me

Im gonna try to walk through how Im gonna do it with some pics

Gonna take two grids, with the riccia in between them, then use some fishing line around the edges of the grids, to keep them tight together, with the riccia in the middle, then I can burry the whole grid thing, and take the whole grid thing out to trim We will have to see how things go

here are the grids Im talking about

Thanks I will update this as I proceed this evening
    Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails riccia_grids.jpg  

Medium Discus
    And here are the grids with the riccia in the middle....im so excited...I looked for this stuff everywhere! hahaha But its here

I saw this technique on a website somewhere, only the person used staples to close his....I tide mine up with fishing line, right now the rocks that it initially came on is weighing the mat down

Any suggestions on how to fix that safetly? I used some of the riccia that fell off during shipment for my grid The stones did create quite a lil bit of "debris" when placed in the tank

Im anxious to see how it goes tho! Im still letting my bubble wand run in the tank right now, due to "other" recent issues

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grid_with_riccia.jpg   grid_with_riccia_closed.jpg   gridnrocks_with_riccia_tank2.jpg  

Medium Discus
    Last one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gridnrocks_with_riccia_tank.jpg  

SnakeSkin Discus
    should look great when it grows through m8, keep us updated with the progress pls
    is that riccia tied to rocks too ?

Medium Discus
    I will def. do that, cause Im very interested in how it grows! I want a nice carpet effect, and maybe later on down the road when I get the hang of it, I will try it on the driftwood, but for now, Im after the carpet effect

The riccia had to be ordered, and delivered on those rocks, I have four of those rocks in there, the same way they arrived, and I took the loose stuff that fell off during shipping and was laying in the transport bag, and put that in between my matts

Im hoping I can get the matts to wanna sink, but Im not sure how to do that right now, and safetly also! So I have the rocks on top to hold them down. As it grows, I will put more riccia in the other matts Im not using and try to spread it all over the substrate

Medium Discus
    Im starting to see some riccia poke through my grids (with low co2) until this weekend but im still curious how to make the grids sink? Are there weights somewhere that are "fish tank safe"?

Thanks

SnakeSkin Discus
    once it grows through more u can probably just poke the corners under the gravel a bit, i'm sure it will take off when u get ur pressurised setup