Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Medium Discus
    Thanks fish_r, I dont think any of that happened in there, but I do run that fermented system 24/7 but it hasnt changed my pH and the co2 indicator never seems to change from blue greenish, so i didnt think this was gonna create any problems!
    46Gal(174L) Acrylic BF Tank, 3" Eco-Complete, Rena Filstar xP3 Cannister Filter, Pressurized CO2 System at ~4 bps w/DiY PVC reactor (On when lights are on), airstone on at night, Lunar blue LEDs, 1x96w 6700K/10000K Dual Daylight CF (10hrs/day), 1xSilver Pigeon Blood Discus, 1xSuper Red Scorpion Discus, 1xYellow Red Ribbon Discus, 1xOcean Green, 11xCardinals, 1xOtto, 1xQueen Arabesque, 1xClown Pleco, 1xEmerald Green Cory Cat, Temp 83F, kH=2, gH=4, 1x50% WC every saturday with R/O water

Erk thanks you a lot for your help!!

Medium Discus
    I cleaned the airstone, lifted half the spray bar up to the top of the water, almost out of the water, and hooked up the maxi jet power head. Seems like things are getting better now, and I will have to get a better airpump

Im running more RO water, and then I need to heat it, so I prolly wont get to a water change until later today

Thanks everyone for your help....I hope these changes help to get me through until I get out to the LFS for some more supplies
    46Gal(174L) Acrylic BF Tank, 3" Eco-Complete, Rena Filstar xP3 Cannister Filter, Pressurized CO2 System at ~4 bps w/DiY PVC reactor (On when lights are on), airstone on at night, Lunar blue LEDs, 1x96w 6700K/10000K Dual Daylight CF (10hrs/day), 1xSilver Pigeon Blood Discus, 1xSuper Red Scorpion Discus, 1xYellow Red Ribbon Discus, 1xOcean Green, 11xCardinals, 1xOtto, 1xQueen Arabesque, 1xClown Pleco, 1xEmerald Green Cory Cat, Temp 83F, kH=2, gH=4, 1x50% WC every saturday with R/O water

Medium Discus
    you get more oxygen thru surface movement so when you just put the airstone off and let the open line blow all pressure in the tank it really should help,i use no airstones at all,just the outlet of the pump close to the surface,gives me plenty.

but eric,just tell me why you dont quarantine them,you was so good with Q and discus before and now you risk all for some cheap blue rams

Eric, you may know the salt as kosher salt.

It's really just unrefined salt. The stuff called table salt has fillers in it, to make it flow smoothly, that's why we use the plain stuff for aquariums.

How are they looking now Eric. Is there any change now that you have more water circulation?
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Medium Discus
    They all seem back to normal Merrilyn.....the discus arent out and about yet, but during all this fun (7am for me) there was food on the bottom, but now its gone, nobody died, nobody is at the top of the water

I know german, that was quite the dumb move!

http://so when you just put the airs...ives me plenty

Can you explain that for me a lil more?

Thanks everyone for your help, and I hope thats all it was, and the rams didnt do anything bad for the tank
    Eric

Medium Discus
    Did a water change, will have to keep an eye out for kosher salt

Lifted the spray bar end up, hooked up a powerheard which will be on 24/7 and I hooked up a bubble wand to an airpump that is made for my size tank, and this will only be on when the lights are off

I will keep an eye on things to see how they go....things seem much better now, I have to keep an eye on the discus, they seem to be doing some odd shaking things Hope I didnt mess them up too bad

Thanks everyone for your help
    Eric

Medium Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by "

[url
    so when you just put the airstone off and let the open line blow all pressure in the tank it really should help,i use no airstones at all,just the outlet of the pump close to the surface,gives me plenty[/url]

Can you explain that for me a lil more?

Eric
    the outlet of the pump is very close to the surface,so that the surface has a lot of movement,it can get a bit noisy,than i put it a bit lower.
    with any airstone you do the same,make surface movement,the only way to get oxygen in your tank.
    but i dont know if this way is good for everyone,you should have a airstone in as well,safety first,but when it dont work one day just move the outlet of your filter to the surface.

michael

Medium Discus
    Thanks german, I understand you now....I dont understand how one day everythings fine, and then the next, I dont have enough circulation, but I def. should now

Thanks for explaining that better to me, I will see how things go now Eric

SnakeSkin Discus
    glad to hear all ur fish are ok again Erk, pretty strange ?
    with ut planted tank if u put ur outlet nozzle to the top causing turbulence it will disipate all ur Co2 so keep that in mind, but ur fish are more important than ur plants too
    imo. i would be running the air wand 24 hrs for a few days after the problem u had wich will also get rid of most of ur co2 aswell but better to be safe than sorry.
    good luck m8

Medium Discus
    Ok fish_r.....that is a good idea, I have the powerhead at the end of spray bar, in the back left corner, so the whole tank should cycle from back to front, with the intake tube in the back right corner much better then before, cause my spray bar only went about 3/4 the way towards the other side of the tank. I think I like this better......I just redid the fermented co2 tonight, so that isnt even actually running yet, so I will let it run 24/7 for a few days, just to make sure they are completely back to normal....they seem rather skittish again, and didnt really eat from my hand a lil bit ago

Thanks for the tip
    Eric