Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, I'm New Here!

it's about time i introduced myself and the gang : D

Hey everyone! been scouting the site for a little while now and think it's time i said hi lol well.........hi!

i have been keeping fish for years but have only just discovered the apisto world and quite frankly fell in love instantly. Shortly after making my first purchase which were two beautiful A.cacatuoides triple red male's i found Hassles and bought another three, one male and two female. I am currently breeding my original male with one of the female's and am very excited as she is currently tending to new fry and they should be out any minute now : D

Also off Hassles i have bought a pair of his A.trifasciata, and am absolutely amazed at the males beauty lol his fin structure is just awesome! hopefully i will have fry from them soon aswell, fingers crossed! ok well thats about it from me tonight...i have attached some photo's for you so enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a.trifasciata_130.jpg   a.cac_male_2.jpg   a.cac_male.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    just a few more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a.cac_female.jpg   p1040263.jpg  

Great looking fish!
    Have you had any luck in breeding these little guys, and where are you located (not on your profile)?
    Keep us updated on their progress.

Free Swimmer
    Quote Originally Posted by swampy1972
    Great looking fish!
    Have you had any luck in breeding these little guys, and where are you located (not on your profile)?
    Keep us updated on their progress.
    Touche swampy

Sensational looking fish thats for sure

Wrigglers
    HI carmy

Welcome to the dwarf corner of the forum. Im sure you will find that the apisto bug has bitten hard and you'll never be able to resist just one more pair! They are great little fish albeit frustrating at times and will keep you entranced for a long time.

cheers

steph
    Current fish: A. baenschi, A. agassizi tefe, A. panduro, M ramirezi
    Past Fish: A. agassizi, A. gibbiceps, A. iniridae, A. trifasciata, A. agassizi alenquer,

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks guys! and yes i have had some luck! i am very pleased to announce the appearance of about 30 lil fry in my cac tank : D yay! very excited.
    This is my females second attempt tho so i'm hoping this time goes alot better than the last. The last time the fry were in the wriggler stage and then just never came out and then she coloured down so i was guessing something just wasnt quite rite but not to worry, she has done very well this time and we will see how we go i guess lol

But gees i have only had the trifasciata since friday and they are already playing the love game lol so i guess it wont be long...And yes Steph i got bitten hard, the first time i saw the cacs at my shop i bought two males the next day! haha unfortunately i lost one because he jumped out of my tank : ( but at least i still had the other lil guy who is now a proud father lol

and i'll update my profile sorry, but i'm in Melb, narre warren : )

Carmy

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Got a really good shot of my male trifasciata last night, enjoy : )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trifasciata_male.jpg  

Medium Discus
    Hey Carmy, what photo gear you using ? I am always interested to know unless its your bloody mobile telephone. Its a good image. capturing Apistos ain't always easy.

I look forward to hearing about fry from your A.trifasciatav

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Hey dude! yes it is a good lil camera, it's a Lumix mega o.i.s 5.0 mega pixels 2.5" lcd panasonic and i use the macro setting.

I am to looking forward to the fry but tell me, can the triple red's cross with the trifasciata? it's a stupid question but now the female trifasciata is following around the male triple red in the tank lol he kinda half try's to chase her away but then gives in and they just chill out together untill the female triple red comes along and runs her off lol

Carmy

Medium Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by carmy
    Hey dude! yes it is a good lil camera, it's a Lumix mega o.i.s 5.0 mega pixels 2.5" lcd panasonic and i use the macro setting.

I am to looking forward to the fry but tell me, can the triple red's cross with the trifasciata? it's a stupid question but now the female trifasciata is following around the male triple red in the tank lol he kinda half try's to chase her away but then gives in and they just chill out together untill the female triple red comes along and runs her off lol

Carmy
    YES

cascatuoides can hybridise with trifadciata so....don't breed both species in the same tank. It probably won't happen withn your two pairs but if both speces breed it will be impossible to segregate the fry who will mingle. Gendering the fry will be near impossible espcially the females. You need to exercise extreme caution or be prepared to cull unwanted fish at some point down the track

take care

Glenn - in Poland