Thread: First discus :)

First discus :)

Hey i just bought my first discus from where i work. I bought some A Grade Blue Diamonds, they are sold in our shop as $130ea (still reasonable price when you look at there wholesale price) for a 6-7cm fish. I obviously got them cheaper....hehe. Well i purchased 4 of them and they seem superb quality (so my boss recons, and he'd know he's a bit of a discus master).

Anthony 8)

PS: will get some pics when they stop being so shy...lol

First of all congrats...

Secondly, I dont like using price as an indication of quality... if you like them, and you say they are good... in my mind they are good...

Thirdly, you should drop a hint to the Discus master to drop us a visit...

$130 for grade A blue diamonds?? Dont mean to be harsh but i wouldnt pay $130 for a blue diamond that is coated in gold. Also i am with proteus quality isnt judge by the price tag, my mates red malbro was given to too him when he bought a golden dragon and its one of the best i ve seen.

Flukes... I agree with the price comment, but there are few things that must be taken into account...

Additional freight, being that AA is in Adelaide, plus good old supply and demand... with a smaller population, there is less hobbyists, therefore making prices higher... just some food for thought...

AA, How much does your store charge for blue turqs, malbros etc. just a rough est. because normally blue diamonds are at the cheaper end of things

around $50-85 for the more common variety Discus (we have very reasonable prices, especially for Adelaide), i was happy to pay extra for these fish as i fell in love with them straight away we have larger/Older siblings of these fish and they are so strong and resiliant. My boss doesn't have access to the internet yet but will get him onto the forum when he does.

Anthony 8)

No problems... they sound great,

cant wait to see some pics...

If adelaide is that expensive you should have given Kev from SLS a call/email you bought 4 so for larger quantities than 1-2 id be ordering through them. Even with the frieght charges they would be cheaper. I could have got the same fish in melbourne then what i am ordering from SLS but id rather pay the frieght because i wanted quality fish. For $..(frieght) extra I would get better quality fish than here in melbourne and thats why i did it.

spose can't tell the boss you bought fish from the another fish store

were looking into ordering through kev, we realise the prices of most whole salers are high, so kev is the next option if we continue to get a decline in discus quality from our current supplier

Anthony 8)