Thread: bullying discus

Hi, I'm New Here!

bullying discus

i currently have 4 discus in my tank and my red dragon is bullying my green turk. if this had only gone on for a week or two i wouldn't have worried but it has been going on for about 4 weeks with the out come that i don't think my green turk has fed in all that time and only ever hangs arond the filter. any signs that it may feed and it is chased back to the filter. at the time i added my turk i also added a brown discus which has settled in nicely. im worried about the turk. should i take him out and put him in a 10 gallon tank ive got until he is fed up a bit or what???
    any suggestions would be of great help
    brooke

Just an Egg
    mine hammer each other from the largest size down, its a cichlid thing (kinda like people!)
    ive found adding in more discus relatively the same size as the bullied fish helps, they share the love (sarcasim)

Any chance of a photo of your green turk, I don't think I've seen one before.

My bigger pigions picked on my new small ocean greens a bit as well when i added the 1st 2. adding 2 more small ocean greens seemd to fix the problem, he cant pick on all of them all the time

Hi, I'm New Here!
    ill order a couple more this week then. 6 discus in a 3 foot 215 liter tank won't be over stocking it will it? i don't want to have to get rid of any down the track.
    there isn't much point trying to take a photo at the moment as to try and hide he is as dark as he can possibly get with out being compleatly black but when he's out and about more ill post some.

Just an Egg
    its pretty close to full bro, good levels are 1 large discus per 40L but in saying that if you can maintain the water it shouldn't be too bad