Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blue Diamond Discus
    Interesting cause I am thinking about getting one. I have not read the instructions of one, but you don't leave it on 24/7 ?
    Dave

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Heya Dave,

I've read that 1-2 hours / day is sufficient a lot of the time. It'll also make your UV bulbs last longer.

Does anyone leave their UV on 24/7? Any problems?

Cheers!
    John

To recieve the maximum benefits of UV protection it should be left on 24/7.

Yes, leaving it on for an hour or so will help clear the water up, but it wont do anything to kill Protazoa and other nasty bacteria in the water.

Tiny Fry
    I have my 11w unit on 24/7. The guy from Auburn LFS tell me that, if you switch on and off too often. It will shorten it's bulb's life...

And.....don't even bother to clean inside...I tried...and all most beark it..and after I opened it. Inside the tube is as clean as new (nothing can servive around UV bulb)...wasted all my effort..

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I currently run mine 24/7 and hsvehad no trouble with eitehr of my two tanks running them. They are both the pro aqua ones and am more than happy with them. I know George at Slippery Little Suckers is currently stocking some of these.
    theres a fine line between art and arson

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Heya guys,

Thanks for the advice. I've switched mine over to running 24/7 as well. I'll let you know how I get on

Cheers!
    John