Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Congratulations on your purchase its always a good day when you get discus !!!!

noticed they are hovering around the bottom? are they getting a little confused due to the bare bottom situation?

Medium Discus
    Thanks nicholas76 it was def. a good day yesterday!!

Those pics were taken the same day they arrived, so I dunno if its a combo of things, today when I got home from work they seemed better, and were up towards the top of the water more, and I tried to feed them O.S.I. discus flakes, and at first they were picky, but they ate it, so Im happy they are at least eating
    46Gal(174L) Acrylic BF Tank, 3" Eco-Complete, Rena Filstar xP3 Cannister Filter, Pressurized CO2 System at ~4 bps w/DiY PVC reactor (On when lights are on), airstone on at night, Lunar blue LEDs, 1x96w 6700K/10000K Dual Daylight CF (10hrs/day), 1xSilver Pigeon Blood Discus, 1xSuper Red Scorpion Discus, 1xYellow Red Ribbon Discus, 1xOcean Green, 11xCardinals, 1xOtto, 1xQueen Arabesque, 1xClown Pleco, 1xEmerald Green Cory Cat, Temp 83F, kH=2, gH=4, 1x50% WC every saturday with R/O water

Erk thanks you a lot for your help!!

aaah good to hear!!

start feeding them up mate they have much to grow

Medium Discus
    Will do!! Only bloodworms as a treat tho....right? I tried to feed them the flakes today, so they get used to a varied diet, and I also have some Hikari discus pellets, and im gonna get some brine shrimp tonight. They ate the bloodworms up really fast last night, and this morning, so I tried the flakes when i got home from work....will try the pellets tonight. 3 feeds a day...thats about all i can really do?

Thanks
    46Gal(174L) Acrylic BF Tank, 3" Eco-Complete, Rena Filstar xP3 Cannister Filter, Pressurized CO2 System at ~4 bps w/DiY PVC reactor (On when lights are on), airstone on at night, Lunar blue LEDs, 1x96w 6700K/10000K Dual Daylight CF (10hrs/day), 1xSilver Pigeon Blood Discus, 1xSuper Red Scorpion Discus, 1xYellow Red Ribbon Discus, 1xOcean Green, 11xCardinals, 1xOtto, 1xQueen Arabesque, 1xClown Pleco, 1xEmerald Green Cory Cat, Temp 83F, kH=2, gH=4, 1x50% WC every saturday with R/O water

a variety is always good!!

i personally wont feed live worm due to disease concerns but when young stick to a quality pellet and get a good beef heart into them

saying that there is nothing wrong with live or frozen brime too!

Medium Discus
    Yeah, I picked up some frozen brine shrimp last nite, and they ate a good bit of that too! I can def. tell they were mostly fed flakes and bloodworms, but Im sure they will get used to all this different stuff I have in time I will have to pick up some beef heart, I didnt even think about it last night.....I think they like the pellets the least so far! haha

Thanks for your help

Medium Discus
    Here are three pics I took last night, after about two weeks of being in my care! haha.....sorry they arent very good pics, but they look good IMO in real life! lol

Thanks a lot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scorpion_2.jpg   blurry.jpg   scorpion.jpg  

Medium Discus
    New Pics from last night....hopefully you can see in the pics, that the ocean green is getting bite marks on him....on his side, and on the top of his head above his eye. I have a thread going in the general discus questions about picking up another discus...so lemme know what you guys think. They all eat, and they all seem to chase eachother, but the ocean green gets most of it, and he is the only one showing any marks from it

Thanks...enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ocean_green_marks_2.jpg   ocean_green_marks.jpg   ocean_green_1.jpg  

Medium Discus
    more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ribbon_1.jpg   group_2_209.jpg   group_1_214.jpg  

Medium Discus
    more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scorpion_777.jpg   ribbon_eye.jpg   ribbon_2.jpg