Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks everyone for your replies... they are much appreciated.

Can anyone give me some ideas of other cichlids which would be compatible with the Electric Yellow? Ones that are not too agressive.

Just an Egg
    Other peacock cichlid should do fine but make sure you don't put alot of different typed females and cross - Breeding would occur and have alot of caves and crevices made from white rock for these fish as they like to swim in and around them also after you get them feed them good spirulina as it tends to enhance their colour more.

Larvae
    Electric Yellows (Labidochromis caeruleus, which is an Mbuna) would do quite well with most Peacocks (Aulonocara species), "Haps" (Copadichromis, Protomelas, Otopharynx, Sciaenochromis etc.), some Tanganyikans, and also some of the less aggressive Mbunas.

For the most part, Mbunas don't mix with Peacocks though; so keep it either Peacocks/Haps & Electric Yellows, or Haps/Electric Yellows & some less agressive Mbunas (Labidochromis, Pseudotropheus types; no Melanochromis auratus!).

With that sized tank you are somewhat restricted in numbers, especially if considering Haps, since some do tend to get large.

BTW, at an immature age, there's no way of distinguising the sexes. Ultimitely though, 1 male & 2-3 females would be a good ratio to aim for.

SnakeSkin Discus
    Don't go for any type of Aulonocara unles your prepared to have 2 nice colourful males in a tank with 7 or so grey/brown ugly females.

Definantly never house two different types of Peacocks together as they will cross.

For a tank your of your size i would say go for 1 male 3 female electric yellows along with 1 male and 3 female mainganos (A gorgeus blue mbuna)

Definantly do not house any type of african cichlid with a fish that does not come from the same lake as it or from a lake near by! If you attempt something like that you will end up with a tank with only your africans left.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    i had a male black sail fin molly grow up in my tank of mbuna he lived for 3 & half years i miss him lots

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I agree with mcloughlin2. Keep the Malawi's and Tangs in seperate tanks. They do not normally mix well. As for tank mates, I have Red empress, electric blues, Salousi and a couple of unknowns. I have 25 fish in the 75 and they all get along well.
    Heather

225 gallon empty
    75 Lake Malawi Cichlids
    70 4 Red Bellied Pirahnas, 14 inch Pleco
    33 Gallon 2 Pigeon blood Discus,swordtails,pleco