Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Medium Discus

Flame Angel Question

This is to Dee and Nathan and anybody else who happens to have a Flame Angel with corals.
    I want to get one but before I do are any of you having trouble with your Flame Angel attacking corals. I've heard that they can nip at corals and after the problem I had with my butterfly I want to make sure they are reef safe.
    You only live once but if you do it right once is all you need.

Oscar

Mine has never touched a coral but not to say they dont. You cant compare with them biting corals with a klienni butterfly. With a tank of your size you will be fine Oscar and find it an awesome addition to your tank. You can only have one FA per tank though which is a bummer as they are stunning!

HTH

Medium Discus
    Thank for that ben
    In that case I'll make it my first addition.
    Might have to place an order in with Amazing Amazon.

Oscar

SnakeSkin Discus
    mine hasnt touched a coral, not yet anyway.

mines been doing great, pecks at the live rock (algea on it) now an then, but eats very well and i havnt seen it touch a coral.

definitely a must have fish, they are just absolutely amazing to look at an watch
    Nathan

San Merah Discus
    A few places up here have recieved some big shipments of dwarf angels in the last week. Bicolour, coral beauty and a few others but no Flames. I got myself an awesome little Coral Beauty. Irredescant blue like you wouldn't even see on a Blue Ram with a yellowy-orange midsection.
    He's great although a little shy when I intro'd him. Same as Nathans. Pecks at the rocks but haven't seen him do it to the corals yet. Yet!

SnakeSkin Discus
    i wanna get a bicolour but ben keeps tlkn me out of it.
    Nathan

San Merah Discus
    Bah! What would he know??

Ozzy never had an issue with mine mate

with flames what you see is what you get , there colours wont mature as they get older. so its best to select one as opposed to place an order and then end up with somthing that isnt as colourful as the next one you see

SnakeSkin Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdog
    Bah! What would he know??
    yeah i heard he knows a few things, but i get what u mean rob
    Nathan

Medium Discus
    with flames what you see is what you get , there colours wont mature as they get older. so its best to select one as opposed to place an order and then end up with somthing that isnt as colourful as the next one you see
    Thanks for the tip Nick. I'll keep an eye open till i see something I like. If it's not a flame angel then i'll get a coral beauty.
    Both are stunning fish but I'm slightly leaning towards flame angel so I'll have to do the rounds soon.
    Maybe this Saturday i'll go to Amazing Amazon, reeflections, and Mentone and hopefully one of them will have a real nice looking one.
    On second thoughts I'ld better ring them first to make sure they have one.

It's good to see that everybody who has or had one never had issues with them. that's the response I was hoping for.

Thanks guys.. Oscar

Oscar