Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Turquoise Discus
    Yes, they are good layers. I missed the 12.5 second window of opportunity, and they've been at it again - more eggs on the intake filter.

I also found a baby that I must have missed last batch or the one before - it's nearly 2cm long & starting to hang out in the open. They might be algae eaters after all, 'cos I haven't been feeding it anything special (not knowing it was there).

I know this was one out of 160, but I'm planning to leave this lot be & see what happens. Fingers crossed!

Maybe I'll catch the parents in the heartbeat between spawns this time & I can put them in their own tank.

Turquoise Discus
    Look what they did!

Not a fantastic survival rate on pure neglect, but have a look!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails baby_whiptail.jpg  

Turquoise Discus
    Just an opportunity to boast - after following the excellent advice I received here, from the last batch of around 60 eggs, afew weeks on I now have 39 royal whips in the breeding tank, at 2-3.5 cm. Yay! Thanks guys!

Here's hoping they stay alive.....

Oh, and the one in the photo, which has been growing more slowly, is now a bit over 4cm. Yay!

I think I've got a way to go yet before I'm ready to part with any of them. How big do they need to be before I can/should sell them?

well i think you need to up date the pics to then DE hehe

SnakeSkin Discus
    congrats DE and well done on getting them to survive
    when there ready to go i will buy a few off u...

Turquoise Discus
    Yeeesssss,

My photography skills haven't improved Scott, just my whiptail breeding, but I'll give it a go. Dull grey/brown fish on a black background may be problematic, but I'll try.

As for you, fish_r, we'll argue about payment later, but you're welcome to some if I can keep them alive. Thanks for the encouragement! You may need to pay by taking & posting pics to keep Scott happy. Your fighters are doing well by the way, thankyou!

Any idea how old/large they should be before I can safely move them on?

Thanks guys! Yay!

SnakeSkin Discus
    i really want to see some of ur discus too, so when i can make the journey i will bring my camera along and see if i can get some snaps for u, not that i'm really good at taking pics either. but will see what we can come up with i'll try find out what size it's ok to transport them ?
    good to hear the fighters are doing well, i'm sure u'll look after them better than i was