PDA

View Full Version : Not DIY but ..............

Tryhard
Sun Sep 12, 2004, 10:36 PM
Decided that my disatrous DIY skills were not up to the task :oops: so I went out and bought a Lifeguard Fluidised Bed Filter from Aquamail model fb300. I will post some pics and let you all know how it goes when I get a chance. Going to run it inline with a Fluval 304 just have to go to the local irragation supplier to get some parts according to the destructions it should do 1100 ltrs (300 gal).

flukes
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 12:57 AM
Sounds great, cant wait too see the results..

Tryhard
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 08:42 AM
Seems to be working ok , nearly all the output from the canister going through the fluid bed (instructions advised to run FBF parallel to canister as they like slower flow rates) saw an instant change to the way the water looked for some reason so heres hoping :)

kalebjarrod
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 10:24 AM
ahhhhhh,

i will have to build one and then compare them

i understand the frustration, somtimes even with the best ideas

its easier to buy!

Tryhard
Mon Sep 13, 2004, 09:54 PM
Especially when I am a DIY tragic - my wife and daughter plan holiday's around my home projects :twisted: so they are not around to witness " daddy's disasters" !!!!!!!!! :oops:

weird
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 10:10 AM
... change the locks j/k

Tryhard
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 10:18 AM
Believe it or not that was my last disas sorry project

WrxAnt
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 08:04 AM
Hey Tryhard,

I was wondering if the FB300 is as good as its cracked up to be?

Has the fluidized bed made a difference?

Cheers
Ant

Tryhard
Mon Feb 28, 2005, 10:07 AM
Yes I think it has made a difference the additional load that the filter takes on as well as the immense load it can handle actually gives me peace of mind, its no longer in tandem with the fluval any more its been fed by a 6ooltr/hr pump in the sump - the only problem I have had with it was when I was installing it on the sump I removed it from the fluval and the non - return valve failed :x and a heap of the sand went up the inlet tube inside the filter and when the water drained out the sand went like concrete and I had a shit of a time clearing it out due to the fact you cannot fully dissasemble the filter and tap it out :x :x :x :x it took a long time and a lot of swearing and the loss of most of the sand to fix it up , but its like the old saying - when its good its very very good but whan its bad its an absolute fucking shit basterd pain in the arse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :lol: