PDA

View Full Version : Mini Mo is Crook ****UPDATED****

Mattzilla
Mon Nov 27, 2006, 11:34 PM
Mini MO (my young flowerhorn) is not doing very well at the moment. He/she is not eating and had white/clear stringy poos for a while. I have seen it doing small white/clear poos the last few days. It is generally inactive at the moment. I did a Prazi treatment on saturday and did a 35%w/c yesterday. when i put a prawn in the tank this morning to temp Mini MO he/she swam up to it like it wanted to eat it bu then did a wierd kind of head twitch....i also noticed the same behaviour a few days ago before the prazi treatment.

I plan to do another prazi treatment this saturday but i was expecting to see some improvement after the first treatment.

can anyone else suggest some treatments of the next step for me to take.

Should i consider a metro treatment after the next prazi treatment? am i on the right track with worms being the problem?

thanks very much for your help

matt

samir
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 12:07 AM
if its worms, levimasole would be a better way to go though I'd reach for the metro first. Hope it gets better soon.

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 12:11 AM
can you give a source of metro in sydney? and what is the dosage again?? been years since i have needed it

samir
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 12:43 AM
400 mg / 40 litres every 8 hours after 40% water change for 3 days in a dark tank. I got metro from my GP but here's where you'll probably get it.

Dr Alex Rosenwax & Associates
BVSc(Hons) MACVSc(Avian Health)
Our bird and exotics clinic is at:
SHOP 3, BLOCK D, 1 HUNTER STREET, WATERLOO, 2017
(on the corner of McEvoy Street - just 500 metres from the Supa Centre)
Phone: (02) 9319 6111

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 12:48 AM
hmmmm....i have him and another flowerhorn in a 500 ltr tank and i don't have a smaller hospital tank....that's a lot of metro i need.

G-1000
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 12:50 AM
Matt,

If you suspect HITH or early signs of hex then go and get octozin. Metro is good but octozin is great.

G

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 12:51 AM
don't really expect that mate...not just yet. just think it has a case of worms

samir
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 02:31 AM
i've started using a bucket with an airstone when medicating, 3/4 full and floating in the tank, dunno if thats recommended but works great for me.

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 02:32 AM
xtreme are coming to the rescue and sorting me out with a small hospital tank

cheers

taksan
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 03:31 AM
Octozin

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 03:33 AM
at what dose taksan?

how is it different to metro?

thanks

samir
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 04:45 AM
Matt it's the same as metro, i think thats why its quite hard to find. i think its 1 tab per 20litres, once a day for three consecutive days. if you cannot get metro or octozin anywhere, I have about 10 tabs of Octozin left if you want it.

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 04:50 AM
yeah found it on the net but could only source it in the UK

went to the local vet an hour ago but the vet was out so i have to go back when i finish work. shouldn't be too hard to track down some metro.

thanks for the help

taksan
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 05:38 AM
Octozin is similar to metro but designed for fish.
Its available at LFS again.

Mattzilla
Tue Nov 28, 2006, 09:02 PM
ok i'll check it out

thanks guys

Mattzilla
Thu Nov 30, 2006, 06:31 AM
MINI MOS IS STILL NOT EATING AND I HAVE NOT SEEN IT POOP FOR DAYS

oops caps....

purchased some octozin online today with ASA and plan to treat it with that upon arrival. was planning on doing another prazi treatment this saturday (7 days after 1st treatment) then doing the octozin treatment if required..

did see a very odd thing today though...this morning it looked like mini mo was doing a huge pink poo....see attached pictures... it had a little bit of clear poo attached to it. i took some picxs then it looked like the big pink thing was going back inside mini mo....very odd

i have no idea what it was....can anyone shed some light please???