PDA

View Full Version : Panda Corys

Del
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 07:26 AM
I have had one Panda Cory for about a year now. He seems happy, but does he need to be kept in a group...?

I haven't seen any for sale for ages, so where I can get them?

If I do need to keep them in a group... do I need to keep all the same species?

Sorry for the silly question... :oops: DEL

shewey
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 07:31 AM
I think Cories should definately be kept in a group. You will find their behavior fun to watch when they are all running around the tank together. 6 or more together would be good I think if you have the room.

k0b0i
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 11:33 AM
Never a silly question. :)

The benefits of having more, or a school of corys, is that you are able to witness their social behaviours. It's always interesting to watch (and more enjoyable in my opinion) to see how they interact with their own kind and other tank mates.

Ask your local fish shop. See if they are looking at stocking any.

Or you can always go fish shop hunting.

I've got 7 pandas in a tank ;)

Th0mas
Thu Nov 16, 2006, 12:28 PM
Panda is always available - just ring around.

Aquapets always have some corydora in stock (common as well as exotic ones), they're in Bondi Jn. They should have what you're looking for.

Thomas.

Del
Fri Nov 17, 2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks!

Do I have to get all Pandas or can I mix them...?

In my planted 3ft tank I have... 3 discus, 40 tetras/cardinals, 5 siamese aglae eaters, 1 whitptail, 1 otto. Will 7 corys be ok?

DEL

k0b0i
Sat Nov 18, 2006, 11:29 PM
If your not planning on breeding, then go for a mix ;)

I think 7 would be perfect for that lot of fish you have. Always good to have a group of bottom feeders

Midnight Pearl
Tue Dec 19, 2006, 02:57 AM
Hi-Del,
Found some @ pet supplier store ( not a pet shop ) in "Kogarah" along Railway parade next to Kogarah RSL ,sorry i donn't have their phone number . They also have another store in Alexandria might be a little closer FOR you , Make sure u ask them if they sell any Tropical fish in their "Alexandria" Shop. $ 5.60 each ,small but very cute . Also they had Rummy noses on special $ 2.50 each & their quiet large ( Kogarah store ) .Hope this helps .

ellwa
Tue Dec 19, 2006, 06:11 AM
I had 2 pandas, and 2 bronze corys,

I lost one of the pandas in a CO2 overdose about 4 months ago, but the otherone is still in there doing his thing.

I've found in general they are good for moving the substrate around, but not really much else.

he hasn't really done any growing in the time i've had him, either.

otherwise, great fishes.

e./

Del
Tue Dec 19, 2006, 06:20 AM
Thanks Midnight Pearl. I have to go to Kogarah on Thursday to pick up a Christmas ham for my folks, so will pop in and grab some.

I did get 4 Steribi (spelling?) to keep my Panda company and they all hang together well.

Sorry to hear that you lost yours Ellwa. Mine are on the job around the clock, cleaning the gravel. Maybe they are just moving it around and I just WANT them to clean the gravel - to earn their keep...? :lol:

They are so cute though!

DEL