PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Francis (& now Ivan the horrible)

flukes
Mon Sep 06, 2004, 02:56 PM
Can i just wish anyone in Florida the best of luck, and hope you can make it through these hard times. I know a very popular reef site that is down atm because of the hurricane.

Can i just say too you guys in its path, your property and belongings can be replaced but please make sure you and your family are safe.

Take care and our thoughts are with you....

P.S (I classify discus as a part of the family keep the safe too :wink: )

Proteus
Mon Sep 06, 2004, 11:23 PM
Ditto to the last comment...

I guess we could say it one BIG water change

good luck to all in FL

maddyfish
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 01:30 AM
Luckily not too much damage from Frances, but now Ivan is on its way.
Hopefully it won't hit New Orleans. Have any of you ever seen a coastal city that is 10 feet below sea level normally? That's New Orleans. They have pumps that run 24/7 to keep the city from being flooded, and that is in normal weather.

flukes
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 04:19 PM
Hurricanes, Earthquakes and volcano's are really non existant in oz, we had a earthquake in Vic that measured 3.0 and everyone talked about it for days.. :roll:

maddyfish
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 05:30 PM
Can you even feel a 3.0? I was stationed at Edwards Airforce Base in '89 when the 6.7 hit in San Francisco and that was pretty bad.

Proteus
Wed Sep 15, 2004, 10:15 PM
Just saw the news footage, how scary seeing 1/2 to 3/4 of a million people being evacuated from New Orleans.

With a storm front 200 miles (320km's) wide, it isnt going to scoot off to one side of you.

Eartquakes arent fun, I was driving on Interstate 5 when the Northridge quake hit in January '94... (car was thrown to the other side of the road, as well as being smacked from the other half accusing me of wobbling the car as she was trying to sleep - it was 4.30am en-route to Canada)

:roll: