PDA

View Full Version : Corydoras Sp. (C121)

k0b0i
Wed Nov 01, 2006, 01:52 PM
My newly acquired!

After searching high and low i was finally able to get some Corys i wanted! Actually stumbled across these by accident at one of my favourite shops..

Thanks to Barry from BnC for making me a very happy man :lol:

k0b0i
Wed Nov 01, 2006, 01:56 PM
All have settled in well in the community tank & boy do they add character! Got a new tank on the way for them to call home..

here are 2 more photos

Cuong
Wed Nov 01, 2006, 01:59 PM
Gorgeous looking cories! :D

They look fairly big already too. Do you know if the source was local or not? Still trying to figure what types of cories are being bred here in Aus.

k0b0i
Wed Nov 01, 2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks S.

From what i was told they weren't local. I'd have to agree only because i have not seen these around at all.

Also, i'm no cory expert, only just started getting into these little guys over the last few months. But if intensity of colour is a factor to identifying whether local or import (as seems to be the case with most fish) - the colour of these C121 is much more intense opposed to local bred C. Adolfoi i've seen.

I think the pretty standard cory types - sterbai, panda, schwartzi, peppered, bronze - would definately be local. Check out deepblueaquaria.com.au . Steve has quite an extensive list of corys and other then bayfish, his site gives a good indication of what corys are available in the market (and has prices too!)

Don't want to get too ahead of myself - but i think i'm guna leave these guys in a tank and hopefully let them get their groove on! :whip <--always wanted to use that icon.. haha

Ben
Sun Nov 05, 2006, 06:02 AM
Very Nice Koboi!

Keep us posted when you breed them!