PDA

View Full Version : I can brag!!!!!

DiscusMad
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 01:08 AM
WoooHooo my first Angel wigglers! :P

didn't know they layed the eggs lol

came home from work and went to feed them and saw a gunk on a leaf of the plant and went to take a closer look and the "gunk" had little tiny tails wiggling away :shock:

4th time is a charm. Now lets see if they get eaten still though mum is realy protecting them
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/discusmad/IMG_2685.jpg

DiscusMad
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 01:12 AM
i think i will give her a good rest when i remove mum and dad as you can see her dorsal fin has split :(

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/discusmad/wigglers.jpg

*Chris*
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 02:34 AM
good work
the fin split would be from them courting
most cichlids cause a little damage to one another when they breed
you could probably take them off mum and dad in a day or to and wack them mesh floating trap in a 2 footer with some meth blue in water to prevent fungussing up
then when thye are free swimming lots off food and small water changes
good luck
chris

DiscusMad
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 02:39 AM
and when I was showing off to my wife she pointed out that there is a bigger batch on the other side of the plant!

nicholas76
Mon Oct 23, 2006, 09:58 AM
Congratulations on the spawn.

These fish never fail to amaze me.

DiscusMad
Thu Oct 26, 2006, 06:24 AM
have little swimmers now there were 2 batches mum had 1 and dad had the other but dad ate his batch

nicholas76
Mon Oct 30, 2006, 05:20 AM
update pics needed :)

DiscusMad
Wed Nov 01, 2006, 11:26 AM
:cry: can't brag now they got eaten :cry:

going to take the perants away next time when they get to wigglers and then they can try again with the batch after that

nicholas76
Wed Nov 01, 2006, 08:51 PM
owell it happens!

although I havent bred Angels before I have been told that you can basically remove the parents asap after eggs are layed,, unlike Discus.

if thats the case then Id say your theory will work!

good luck

catfishbone
Thu Nov 02, 2006, 01:39 AM
alternatively you can try to cover 3/4 of your aquarium with dark solid color paper ... anyway that's what i did ... :)

the only bad side of these is that you won't know whether they spawn or not ... that's my experience now ... hahaha :) didn't know they spawn till i want to show my pair to my friend who happen to come over to my place ... :)
when i realised i have fry ... they are all already free swimming but didn't have many of them ... current count was 9 free swimming and about 17 wrigglers .... :) but they are all fine and parents didn't eat them ... :)

i decided to cover my tank coz the pair gets all excited whenever i walk pass the tank and they never look after their eggs ... but this way they more on look after their eggs rather than get all excited when I walked pass ... :)

andrie