PDA

View Full Version : how do you feed geophagus babies

endless
Sat Oct 21, 2006, 10:40 PM
I have a couple of orange caps in a tank of their own and i think they have recently breed. I say i think because i have not seen any eggs or fry but one of them seems to have something moving about in its mouth. I dont really pay much attention to this tank as it is set up with an automatic feeder and i've somewhat grown tired of them cause they're always hiding. However the other day when i looked at the tank the male (well i think its the male cause its the biggest) had become really vibrant in color and it had an extended breeding tube. Do you guys think that these orange caps have breed and if so how do i go about feeding the babies?

RJ_Archer
Sat Oct 21, 2006, 11:17 PM
when i was breeding surinamensis i used to chuck in some orca pellets and the parents chewed them up and spat the pellets into the bubs. and once they get 1cm they turn into little eating machines. they dont stop eating :P. i feed them a homemade mix of prawns,vegies,pellets and wafers etc. and if u want them to have realy red fins/head put red capsicum in there food. my sur's have blood red top fins they look awsome :D.
neway hope that helps

Ben
Sun Oct 22, 2006, 12:09 AM
Once they start to venture out of thier parents mouths, feed them baby brine shrimp. They will take to the frozen BBS well.

taksan
Sun Oct 22, 2006, 12:32 AM
We just usualy throw them in the tank..... the catfish find them soon enough 8-)