PDA

View Full Version : Corydoras duplicareus

k0b0i
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 05:10 AM
I'm just bored at work (as usual) and browsing through the Cory list on planetcatfish.com and was wondering if anyone had any of these guys or seen them around (Sydney)?

Very similar to C. adolfoi which i also like.

I just recently got some pandas and i love the way they move around together in the tank. I find them very cute.. kinda reminds me of my dog. Short, stumpy and hyperactive. :lol:

Cuong
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 09:21 AM
Haven't seen any duplicareus but there are a few local bred Adolfoi's going around.

k0b0i
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 11:57 PM
Oops.. should've just saved the image rather than link it.

Here it is again, and i put one in off the site which shows an adolfoi next to it (just to show the difference).

schmuck - i like those adolfoi. I've seen some awesome pictures of ones where the blue marking on their face is really defined.

p.s. Planetcatfish.com is the bomb.

Ben
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 12:56 AM
I have always been a fan of CORYDORAS BARBATUS!!

Check them out!

k0b0i
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 03:00 AM
hehe the giant cory?

Couldn't find a reference of them on planetcatfish but seems to be a few images on google and other sites.

it's the orange/black on these two that attracts me most. hehe

Th0mas
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 03:40 AM
Have heard barbatus don't do so well in Sydney summer, probably okay down in Melbourne.

Thomas.

Jet_SU
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 05:45 AM
Check out corydoras Davidsandsi, simular looking fish... and recently has been avaliable.

Cuong
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 10:01 AM
Oops.. should've just saved the image rather than link it.

Here it is again, and i put one in off the site which shows an adolfoi next to it (just to show the difference).

schmuck - i like those adolfoi. I've seen some awesome pictures of ones where the blue marking on their face is really defined.

p.s. Planetcatfish.com is the bomb.

I recently picked up 10 of the Adolfoi's and they have the blue marking on their faces aswell

http://members.optusnet.com.au/cuongngo/C.Adolfoi1.jpg

http://members.optusnet.com.au/cuongngo/C.Adolfoi2.jpg

*Chris*
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 10:49 AM
yeah barbatus dont like temps over 26
and are one of the most finicky long term captives well that my personal oppinion
but no i dont think they are the giant cats
your probably thinking of multiradiatus or giant bristkis

k0b0i
Thu Oct 19, 2006, 02:56 AM
schmuck - hehe nice pics. if you read what i wrote before.. i was saying that was the reason why i liked adolfoi ;) doesn't seem like duplis have that blue on them

also seems like there are no dupli's around so might stick with the adolfoi...

for now hehe