PDA

View Full Version : Corydoras Advice

dachoo
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 05:24 AM
Hi
Recently My little girl & I went to this LFS, She show some Corydoras aeneus.(of some kind) She want some (it cute she said). So I bought 6 of them to put in their discus planted tank. ( very stronge spray bars ).After 3 days now there still swim like crazy in the tank. Is it normal for them to do that like day & night cos I do have other cory but they done do that.

Thank
David

Th0mas
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 09:00 AM
Very normal indeed, and soon you'll find eggs everywhere in the tank :shock:

Thomas.

Ben
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 01:13 PM
You will find that they will be more active when the barometer drops.

I have found when they barometric pressure drops all cory’s will be more active and if they are adults will spawn.

dachoo
Sun Oct 15, 2006, 04:50 AM
Thank guy

How do I tell that there are adult yet. Or is it long for them to mature.
They are like 4 cm including tail at the moment. Cory are totally new to me.

David C

Ben
Mon Oct 16, 2006, 10:21 AM
You will find that the girls get plump around thier bellies whilst the boys stay slender.

I dont worry too much with sexing them when they are in a group of 6 or more.

feed them lots of clean live black worms and they will be breeding like vermin!

dachoo
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 06:05 AM
Hi

Ben

I know what you mean now, Now come to the next bit, Been collecting eggs & put them in a fry net for the last few days. Today their more, can I still put them together with the first lot that already hatched.

Thank

David.

scott bowler
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 06:24 AM
hi david
just take a little care with them in with you discus they tend to dart to the top of the tank every now and then and it sends the discus off ,i had a few when i started and lost a fish by it hitting the end of the tank cool scott

dachoo
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 07:54 AM
Scott

Thank Mate, I actually have a tank off Albino discus & Albino Cory, It just look cool. I will separate them tomorrow.

David.