PDA

View Full Version : aggie Tefe

Th0mas
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 04:01 PM
A shot of today - spawn again.....
Hopefully they'll hatch this time. This female has been particularly bad in caring the spawn.

Thomas.

fishgeek
Tue Oct 10, 2006, 06:49 PM
seems quite haphazard in laying here egg's too

fingers crossed she is just messy

awth
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 08:50 AM
Wish you luck this time!

Th0mas
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the the well wishes - this time they've hatched without any problem. Probably in previous cases, the water wasn't quite right (I've dropped the pH further this time).

Will update with pics shortly.

Thomas.

Th0mas
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 01:42 PM
They started to hatch last night, and this is one of the shot taken in the morning.

Merrilyn
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 02:13 PM
Congratulations Thomas. Can we have a larger shot of your spawning cave. It looks awsome.

Th0mas
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 02:40 PM
Not really a cave, but a pot with holes on side.

mcloughlin2
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 12:40 PM
Niiiiiccceee :wink:

Th0mas
Tue Oct 17, 2006, 10:32 PM
Now they're 5 days old - free swimmers!!

Robdog
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 01:58 AM
Great pics mate. She looks like she's picked up motherhood the second time round

Th0mas
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 02:18 AM
Yes, it's her second time. First time happened when she was a smaller female of a harem trio (wasn't originally intented but it happened). Both female spawned in the same site and the larger female has taken possession of the spawn. So this little girl was confined to a distance watching her fry hatch and grown. She was then taken out when she becomes ready for a following spawn with another male Tefe.

This is however her first spawn she's officially taking parental care with. There has been 3 others but none hatched (probably pH issue and eggs weren't fertilised).

Thomas.

Robdog
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 02:33 AM
Have you got any good photos of daddy Tefe??
Have you left him in with her or isolated him?

Th0mas
Wed Oct 18, 2006, 05:10 AM
Daddy Tefe is in the tank, but retreat behind the heater. Have found all daddy Tefes are relatively good parent, and don't snack on the fry (unlike elizabethae and macmasteri).

My macmasteri female is also caring a group of newly hatched fry, and I've taken dad out after spotted him converted a school of fry into his breakfast 2 broods ago (and expected same happened for the last two as well).

Thomas.

Th0mas
Thu Nov 02, 2006, 12:19 PM
Photo update taken by parkap. It was taken without any tank lighting while water is pretty brown.

Show a shot of daddy of the second pair.

Another is a group of the first born of the first pair (quite old now, and the aggies grow much faster than basnschi).

Noddy65
Thu Nov 02, 2006, 01:30 PM
Dont forget to keep at least 2 pair for me...Ill be in Sydney in late Jan 2007.

Mike