PDA

View Full Version : Discus Strains

flukes
Fri Feb 27, 2004, 09:18 AM
I just had a great idea of a dedicated photo section to specify different strains of discus, each photo would have a small discription on the strain and how it changes from juvi to adult.
Just an idea, let me know you thoughts.
I knoow many people have posted pics of say there red turq as an eg. but just say your reading a post and someone refers to a red turq and havent seen one before they could go to this designated area and search through the pics to find the strain they are after.

Just an idea, but i think it will have to be controlled by mods, for non info post (chatting) and second posts of the same fish.

Tell me what you think.

Scott

Essayons89
Fri Feb 27, 2004, 09:43 AM
Actually, I think that this would be a pretty good idea. A section with photo ID's of the different strains could be a useful tool.

Bryan

Pyroman
Fri Feb 27, 2004, 05:22 PM
Hmmmm *stroking gotee*... sounds like a definate possibility!

Proteus
Fri Feb 27, 2004, 09:57 PM
Sounds good...

if someone is willing to list all the strains, and a brief explanation of there characteristics (say in 20 words or less) then consider it done...

flukes
Fri Feb 27, 2004, 11:40 PM
One thing we dont want reply's on this strictly pictures only other wise its going to become 50 pages with 10 photos of strain in there.

Proteus
Sat Feb 28, 2004, 05:12 AM
:?

Flukes, you have lost me there...

(brain is like sponge today.... sorry)

flukes
Sat Feb 28, 2004, 05:21 AM
lol ok we just want pictures of strains and not a post like i have 3 of these fish they are great.
In other words we dont want chatting posts, its rather for reference.