PDA

View Full Version : Your Apisto wishlist

Robdog
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 07:54 AM
If someone gave you a million bucks and said build a fish room and stock it with your favourite apisto's, which ones would you get???

Even without the million dollar fishroom, which apisto's do you wish you could get here in Aus?

I think one I want the most right now would be Apistogramma sp. "Abacaxis/Wilhelmi" followed closely by Diplotaenia and then some wild Baenschi and Maulbruter.

Th0mas
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 09:15 AM
Rob,

Wild caught baenschi has been around, the first lot of them came from SLS and it is parents to all my juvenile baenschi.

Thomas.

Noddy65
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 09:57 AM
My dream list...well almost anything really...we have some nice trifasciata in Perth but most of the rest are from the big wholesale suppliers...not much else gets to this side of the country...

Mike

Robdog
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 10:07 AM
Wild caught baenschi has been around, the first lot of them came from SLS and it is parents to all my juvenile baenschi.

Thomas.

Yes Thomas I know. And I want them again. :wink: :wink: Nudge nudge I want some of yours! :D

Robdog
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 10:10 AM
I love the trifasciata too Mike.

I wouldn't knock back a pair of pucallpaensis either

wickedglass
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 11:53 AM
I would love to have and breed a pair of these guys (see link), I think they're absolutely beautiful, and the fact that they're mouthbrooders also makes them unusual for apistogrammas.

http://www.apistogramma.com/cms/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=245&Itemid=47

Ben
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 12:48 PM
I want wild cac's!!!!

DiscusMad
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 01:57 PM
I want these guys http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/discusmad/untitled-4.jpg

Robdog
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 04:03 PM
I'm with you Chris. There was nearly some Maulbruter on an SLS shipment a few months ago but they were called Jurua Emerald which is totally different.

I've written to David Soares regarding these guys and all the replies seemed to contain quite a few asterix in reference to Maulbruter care.
If David has trouble keeping them then what hope do we have?!! We can't even get them into the country :lol:

Maybe one day.

parkap
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 09:25 PM
Discusmad, is that a nanancara anamola?

My wishlist: Elizabethae. But can't justify the cost until I ahve my fish room set up - aybe 12 months away. So right now I'm extremely jealous of Thomas. (I think there's a bit of that going around...)

p.

Th0mas
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 10:10 PM
Discusmad, is that a nanancara anamola?

My wishlist: Elizabethae. But can't justify the cost until I ahve my fish room set up - aybe 12 months away. So right now I'm extremely jealous of Thomas. (I think there's a bit of that going around...)

p.

Given the cost of elizabethae, those few going around might become a one off scenario unless more serious breeders around keeps them going.

Thomas.

oskastolz
Thu Oct 05, 2006, 11:45 PM
ditto the maulbruter Chris - awesome......

DiscusMad
Fri Oct 06, 2006, 12:21 PM
yes its a male of the Nannacara anomala
the woman is never as priddy

hengeli
Sat Oct 07, 2006, 07:47 PM
For me, it would have to be Arua, wilhelmi and wild baenschi in that order of preference, never kept any of these, wanna see these here!! :lol: :lol: C'mon Aquapets!!

Robdog
Sat Oct 07, 2006, 09:36 PM
There are a few Baenschi in aquapets at the moment. What are you waiting for?

oskastolz
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 02:14 AM
I picked up 3 A. inka 50's on the weekend - whilst possibly not on my radar of favourites originally all the research I have done on these little guys means I am pretty excited about watching their development.........

Hopefully now I will have 1 male and 2 females

catfishbone
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 06:06 AM
my wishlist will be appistogrammoides pucallpaensis ... :)

http://www.rva.ne.jp/apisto/jpg/20041203/21477.jpg

oskastolz
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 06:19 AM
catfishbone - that is one beautiful fish - anyone seen any in melbourne???.............

Robdog
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 06:49 AM
I know that Thomas has bred those guys before but I'm not sure what stage he got them. I think there is another thread around about it.
They are definitely on the to-do-list.

Th0mas
Wed Oct 11, 2006, 07:32 AM
Still have them breeding, fry are growing slowly but they're no where as nice as what's in the pic.

When I bought them from the shop, they were small and I gambled on their colour quality (I was fooled by the pic given as well).

Now they've reach full maturity, and honestly you'll be disappointed for the colour.

Here's the url of what came in from the last SLS shipment:

http://rva.jp/apisto/pukarupa.htm

Thomas.

parkap
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 01:57 AM
My apistogrammoides were among my losses when I moved house. Very disappointing as both the male and female were of excellent quality.

I've asked kev if he's getting anymore of these and other rarer varieties of apisto in soon at all. He said they cut back on the breeding stock they had and then not long after something went through all the tans and wiped out all their apistogrammoides, so now they have no breeding stock and can't supply. Very sad. He also suggested that SLS are steering clear of the more exotic apisto's for some time. So I guess we can just expect the stock standard stuff coming through.

Luckily BNC at Matraville are still mporting as well. As is Aquapet at Bondi junction where Thomas got his high quality Elizabethae from. (Although if you've seen my post on the "Auburn Aquarium" thread, you'll see I'm not a big fan of Aquapet at all.)

p.

Microman
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 11:25 AM
Apisto Diplotaenia.
Apisto Mendezi.
Apisto SP Miua.
Apisto Elizabethae"Super Red"
These 4 species are on my wish list but fortunately i have managed to find and order them from Aquarium Plus in Holland, i am picking them up 18th Nov....Both German and wild stock.

Others on my wish list he is trying to get for me include:
Apisto Blutkehl/Rotkehl.
Apisto Iniridae.
Apisto SP Putzer"Cleaner".
Apisto SP Icana.

I could go on and on as there are that many species i would like.....
Mark.

Th0mas
Fri Oct 13, 2006, 12:58 PM
I could go on and on as there are that many species i would like.....

Gotta agree with you Mark, but there's constraints - tanks, wife and my wallet :roll:

Thomas.