PDA

View Full Version : A few of mine

Phlipper
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 01:37 PM
Been breeding these fish for a while now and still have a few hundred growing, I have mostly Albino Pearlscales, Smokeys, Koi, Veiltails and Blushing Ghosts..............they are quite easy to breed and raise, but seem to have temperments much the same as Discus, so pairing can sometimes be a problem. They do prefer soft water much like Discus, but adapt quite well to most water conditions.

Just a few Pix......my original breeding pair of Albino Pearlscales, currently outbreeding with Golden Pearlscales in hope to keep the line strong.

Phlipper
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 01:40 PM
Smokey Angel male, sold most of the offspring now, but retained a few for later, nice red eyes, and have also crossed these now with a black lace Veitail Angel whose offspring now have the red eyes as well.

Phlipper
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 01:42 PM
Just a few Blushing Ghosts, the original pair have been great spawners and have produced many hundreds of young and the offspring all seem very strong and healthy.

Phlipper
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 01:45 PM
These two are nothing out of the ordinary, but I have had them now for 4 years and they have constantly bred......this picture is one of the first spawns they ever undertook. Sadly the male has always had a slight hook in the dorsal fin and some of the offspring have carried on that trait.

mistakes r crucial
Sat Sep 23, 2006, 08:02 PM
Lovely fish you have there Phil. I quite often miss not having a few Angels around. They were alot of fun to breed.
MAC

Mulisha
Sat Sep 23, 2006, 11:56 PM
Nice angels mate there very nice and those Albinos are very clean looking fish!

What size tank is Wally in LOL :lol:

I'm going to give breeding a go just not sure what size growout tanks i'll need..

Cheers 8-)

Phlipper
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 12:12 AM
Hi Rick, I use 40 litre [2foot] tanks for hatching the eggs, and most of my grow out tanks are between 80 litres and 120 litres. They may not bring the same price tag as Discus, but they sell readily as they are popular and affordable by anyone, worth a go :P

Merrilyn
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 03:44 AM
Smokey Angel male, sold most of the offspring now, but retained a few for later, nice red eyes, and have also crossed these now with a black lace Veitail Angel whose offspring now have the red eyes as well.

Phil, got any photos of the offspring of the smokey and the black lace?

Love to see them :P

Phlipper
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 07:41 AM
I'll have to take some, but they are a bit small yet to see much, and the Smokeys are gone bar a few......I'll see what I can do.

the_oracle
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 05:07 PM
Way to go Phil..........
They breed in the hundreds....And it's good you can sell them off..........

Sanie.

Phlipper
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 12:10 AM
Never make anything out of it, but it helps pay for an expensive hobby :roll:... .now if I can just con someone into doing all the work for me.