PDA

View Full Version : my angels...

tennhound
Wed Sep 20, 2006, 03:26 PM
Growing up I had an Aunt that had angels and I was never really impressed with them...

Then a few years ago a friend introduced me to a friend of his that breed angels and I was in love (with the angels not his friend)...

He was currently breeding Koi angels and I just HAD to have some... well I did get 3 of them and 2 pired up (but no luck getting the babies to survive). well the pair died this past summer (never did figre out why).

Now Ihave some new babies...

Ben
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 12:27 PM
great Pics Tennhound!

Are those little fishies Kuhli's at the bottom of the tank?

thanks for sharing the pics

regards
Ben

*Chris*
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 01:05 PM
just out of curiosity was that white rock in the tank last summer
white rock will bump your ph to african/ marine levels
can also tinker with your kh and gh levels
of the top of your head where your angels listless or did they bloat before they died????
EXAI

mcloughlin2
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 11:15 PM
EXAI, i've found that unless you have a large amount of the white rock AKA limestone it doesnt really play with my water at all ... :D

tennhound
Wed Sep 27, 2006, 01:12 AM
Yes Ben the little fishies in the bottom of the tank are Kuhlis...

The white rockin the tank is called Holy Rock... it has been know to raise the PH... so at one point I did remove it and my PH actually droped so I put it back...

No hte 2 angels I lost were not listless or bloated before they died.. and they weren't in the tank with the holy rock

MARIE

*Chris*
Wed Sep 27, 2006, 03:05 AM
No prob
just a thought
and i have found sometimes even the smallest of white rock can sometimes have adverse effects on water parameters
EXAI