PDA

View Full Version : Chemicals (Ryan warned me)

flukes
Sat Aug 28, 2004, 01:51 AM
Well after great discussions over the safeness of chemicals, i have now got 2nd degree burns on my hand. Scared for life.

Was at work, using chemicals as normal anyway got home and my hand felt a bit itchy, woke this morning to a hand that look like someone who had be doused in petrol and set alight.

I am guessing it was either of 2 products at work, Foam chlor which isn't fairly bad if you use too much and Costic Soda which will eat down too the bone. Iam thinking it was the costic because ive had foam chlor on my hands before and this didnt happen.

Anyway moral too the story- no matter how safe you think your being you can always be safer.

Just got back from the doctor an hour ago, 2 hands wrapped in bandages, i should chase the kids down the street doing a zombie walk!!

kalebjarrod
Sat Aug 28, 2004, 02:00 AM
i would never say it

*** * **** *** **!

flukes
Sat Aug 28, 2004, 02:05 AM
And listen to this work wont pay for the injury's because i have a certificate in chemical use or some crap. But they disnt supply the necessary protection.

I feel a law suit coming on......Ill probably loose and have to pay court fees then :cry:

Tryhard
Sat Aug 28, 2004, 11:19 AM
Give workcover (or equvilant in your state) a bell and check that one - it sounds a bit suss - our guys have been caught out that many times and they always try to bluff.

flukes
Sat Aug 28, 2004, 02:17 PM
Mate i just had 3 fingers stitched up from work and i couldnt take a day because i wouldnt get paid, i ended up taking one off in the end because i couldnt take the pain. Didnt get paid though.

I asked the doctor why he wrote light duties on the form, when i told him there is no light duties at my work. he reply was i write that for everyone it is up too the work place to decide.

Looks like you basically have too kill yourself too be cut come slack.

kalebjarrod
Sat Aug 28, 2004, 10:46 PM
it is thier obligation to supply a safe workplace

through equipment or duties suitable to your abilitys

thats the law

flukes
Sun Aug 29, 2004, 05:00 AM
Thats the problem with big company's they think they can get away with anything. Apparently the factories in Sydney have high injury rate and the company's preimium went up $260,000 last year. Thats alot of bickies.. Coould have spent that on a pay rise me us..!!

kalebjarrod
Mon Aug 30, 2004, 10:18 AM
insurance costs us a fortune as well

but i would never let it affect the saftey of my staff

miniumum wage is bad enough without screwing someone for the sake of .0005% of a years turnover

a days wage heres saves a lawsuit thier type thing

don't care what the boses say, if they want me to run things, i run them that way. THATS THE RIGHT THING TO DO

7 LETTER WORD

F**K'EM

flukes
Mon Aug 30, 2004, 01:41 PM
I am the boss, well not the boss boss but i still get s*rewed.,